Geonkick patches have disappeared in every project

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi there,

I just opened some of my older projects for the first time in a while and found that all my Geonkick patches are gone.
I use LMMS 1.3.0-alpha with Carla Patchbay to be able to use LV2 plugins. When I open the corresponding patchbay, Geonkick is no longer showing (other plugins such as Vitalium for example loaded fine and are working as expected).

Does anyone have an idea how this could have happened?

I don't quite understand what caused this. From my understanding, all the parameters (lmms>carla patchbay>geonkick) are still saved in the lmms project file... (is there a way to recover the settings?)
I haven't updated LMMS and the project files have not been touched otherwise, so I suspect a Carla/Geonkick update to have interfered but if anyone has a better explanation I'd be happy to hear it.

I could have saved all my patches as presets manually to load them later, which i will start doing, but it's still unfortunate.

Any thoughts are appreciated :)

Greetings,
gNewton
gNewton wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:38 pm
Hi there,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum gNewton !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

I use LMMS 1.3.0-alpha with Carla Patchbay
Does anyone have an idea how this could have happened?
It is properly Carla. If you have updated Carla it could be a problem.
is there a way to recover the settings?
Yes -if you have saved as MMP, then you can edit the project file in notepad, but you need to know the paths and you need to know XML
musikbear wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:12 pm

Yes -if you have saved as MMP, then you can edit the project file in notepad, but you need to know the paths and you need to know XML
It worked, thank you so much!
I converted mmpz to mmp, extracted the plugin data from the XML and copied it back into a new project ^^
It worked for me also, thank you so much.