LMMS 64 bit not launching

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have the problem of the vst "addictive keys" not loading anymore, and i have used it without problems not so long ago. I was using the 32 bit version of LMMS, so i tried installing the 64 bit version of LMMS but it doesn´t launch, when i execute the file it just don't do anything at all.

Please help
Gabolivarest wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:28 pm
I have the problem of the vst "addictive keys" not loading anymore, and i have used it without problems not so long ago. I was using the 32 bit version of LMMS, so i tried installing the 64 bit version of LMMS but it doesn´t launch, when i execute the file it just don't do anything at all.

Please help
vst "addictive keys" does not load
How about other VSTs? Can you load those?
Try MDA-Piano https://plugins4free.com/plugin/201/
It is free, and very small in size as well as resource usage. Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win
Lets know the outcome :)

Have you changed embedding of VSTs?
Your VST could be hiding in tray

please post your:
* Name of your **Operative System** (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype (Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
* lmms **version** and the *site* where you got it from.
I haven't changed anything on lmms, and i've used the piano plugin Addictive Keys with any problems until it just wasn't responding when i try to load, and actually i noticed that i was using a 64 bit plugin on a 32 bit daw, and it worked anyway, so i tried unloading the 64 version of lmms and install it, but it doesn't run either so i gave up on the plugin.

I use a licenced windows 10 pro. x64
Lmms window 32-bit 1.3.0-alpha.1
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win32.exe

Thank you very much for the mda-piano, very nice sound :)
Gabolivarest wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:34 am
I use a licenced windows 10 pro. x64
Lmms window 32-bit 1.3.0-alpha.1
It would work fine, but on a x64 OS i would still recommend 64-bit LMMS.
Thank you very much for the mda-piano, very nice sound :)
So MDA WORKS -Good, that is proof-of-concept for VST in general!
That points at a problem with Addictive Keys.
You have used it successfully before, so something must have changed(?).
The first thing i would try, was a new download of the plugin
Well that's the second problem, i download the 64 bit version of LMMS, i install it, and it won't launch. It doesn't do anything at all.
Gabolivarest wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:52 am
the 64 bit version of LMMS :: won't launch. It doesn't do anything at all.
And you get no message popups from either windows or your virus-protection?
There could be more than one reason.
The most obvious would be that installation is blocked because of invoked signed-windows-programs-control, but then i believe that you should get a popup from win-install (?), and also a choice for bypass the block, something in the area of "Install anywitch".
Like:
The other problem could be virus-protection, but again i would expect some type of popup letting you know that an .exe had been rejected.
That total 'silence' is odd..
You could also have a missing dot.NET component, but then any kind of x64 app should be unuseable.. And i guess its not -right?
Even though i hate to do it, you could try and dl a new x64 here:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win64.exe
Backup !!!
Uninstall current lmms
Go OFFLINE!!!
Disable virus-protection
Install LMMS
Shut down & reboot
Make sure virus-proggy runs, and then go online
Would be interesting to know if that fixes it..