LMMS on Raspberry Pi5

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi,

It's been a very long time since i posted something on the forum, or even worked with LMMS and production overall. I recently bought 4 raspberry pi5's and did a bunch of projects on them, and then i started thinking.... can this thing run LMMS ? So i installed Ubuntu on one of the pi's and downloaded LMMS and till now it runs very smoothly 😃 I'm curious to see how far i can drive this thing, and if i can make a decent track with a lot of automation and effects without blowing it up. As soon as the track is done (or a black spot on the table where the pi used to be) i will post it here in this thread.

Good to be back on the forum again 🥳

DudeFawkes wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 am
Hi,

It's been a very long time since i posted something on the forum, or even worked with LMMS and production overall. I recently bought 4 raspberry pi5's and did a bunch of projects on them, and then i started thinking.... can this thing run LMMS ? So i installed Ubuntu on one of the pi's and downloaded LMMS and till now it runs very smoothly 😃 I'm curious to see how far i can drive this thing, and if i can make a decent track with a lot of automation and effects without blowing it up. As soon as the track is done (or a black spot on the table where the pi used to be) i will post it here in this thread.

Good to be back on the forum again 🥳

Out of curiosity
* what is your processor?
* What version of LMMS do you use
musikbear wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm
Out of curiosity
* what is your processor?
* What version of LMMS do you use

The pi5 has a 64-bit 2.4 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A76 processor, and i'm using V 1.2.2 at the moment. I tried to use the one with vestige but the pi wouldn't boot anymore, i think it doesn't like running appimage software.
DudeFawkes wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 pm
quad-core ARM Cortex-A76 processor
Wooo so you DO run LMMS on an ARM.. Interesting!
Too bad that AppImage is rejected, though
musikbear wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:37 pm
DudeFawkes wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 pm
quad-core ARM Cortex-A76 processor
Wooo so you DO run LMMS on an ARM.. Interesting!
Too bad that AppImage is rejected, though
Maybe i am doing something wrong, i should dive a little deeper into installing appimage on a ARM.
I'm amazed it's still going, still no problems at all.

DudeFawkes wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:08 pm
I'm amazed it's still going, still no problems at all.
Even though running LMMS on Rasberry mostly is a novelty it is interesting to learn about, so keep us updated on your success or problems 👍
This is very interesting indeed and this guy could be for you too (I follow that) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oosN8jxzvQ

Please keep us posted ! :)
newtoon wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:55 am
This is very interesting indeed and this guy could be for you too (I follow that) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oosN8jxzvQ

Please keep us posted ! :)
Thanks ! I have 3 more left so this would also be a nice project for me to do.