I need help with pitch bending mode

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello! I am new to LMMS and I need some help with pitch bending. I am using a soundfont but when I use pitch bending it does not do anything.
sometrollguy wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 4:05 am
Hello! I am new to LMMS
Hi, Welcome to the Forum sometrollguy !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

I need some help with pitch bending using a soundfont
Soundfont are actually embedded wave-files, so in that context you get the same effect from pitching a soundfont as you do with a wave-file, and that is wrong speed!
Because of that pitching soundfonts cant really be done sanely, however used as an effect, you can use automation of PITCH-dial on the SF2-Player
Remember that with a higher RANGE you get significant more change in pitch over the same automation.
If this is unclear, let me know, i can make a video for you.
Thx! But is there any other ways like any online plugins?
sometrollguy wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:39 pm
Thx! But is there any other ways like any online plugins?
Most native LMMS instruments can use pitch-bend, but VSTs cant! -The feature it self is wonky to use. A tip that can make it a bit less tedious to use is that notes that has defined pitch-bend, can be copied with the made pitch-bend intact.
Automating PITCH is general supported.
But I wonder if you are looking for pr. notebased pitching? Eg do you want every note you play to have a bending?
That is different all together and can be achieved with VSTs that has discreet envelopes. One of these are Synth1

Was that what you wanted?
Thanks for the video! I am trying to pitch bend one note. Also I am not using VST I am using SF2 Player.
sometrollguy wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:40 pm
I am using SF2 Player.
Then you have to use PITCH and automation.
a low RANGE will let you pitch most smoothly, whereas a high value in RANGE crates a stepped and not bend output.
A RANGE of 12 covers one octave
Do you need a video for this?
Yes, thanks for your help
sometrollguy wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:27 pm
Yes, thanks for your help
Here is a short how-to video
Thank you so much for the video.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! You really helped me! Thanks for your time and effort for the video!