Page 1 of 1

Unable to search this forum

Posted: August 15th, 2026, 5:42 pm
by JoeReMi

When I try to search for something like "linux vst" I get the following response:

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: linux vst.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

I think the search query fulfills all the requirements, and also I don't think a search query like "linux vst" would give so many results that it would be unhelpful. Anybody know what's going on here? :)


Re: Unable to search this forum

Posted: August 16th, 2026, 5:13 am
by musikbear
JoeReMi wrote: ↑
August 15th, 2026, 5:42 pm

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words

That is because searching is not working...
Instead use google-search, with lmms/forum as search token

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome JoeReMi !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

("JoeReMi" Clever : )


Re: Unable to search this forum

Posted: September 25th, 2026, 4:01 pm
by JoeReMi

When you say "use google-search, with lmms/forum as search token" what do you mean exactly? It sounds like you're just telling me to look it up, but I'm not quite sure as that seems obvious and I'd assume I could use any search engine.


Re: Unable to search this forum

Posted: September 27th, 2026, 2:55 am
by musikbear
JoeReMi wrote: ↑
September 25th, 2026, 4:01 pm

It sounds like you're just telling me to look it up

No. You use site search.
site as search qualifier is one of the advanced search method you can make. It will essentially point to a specific domain, and site, and only search that.
An example:

In address bar enter

Code: Select all

site:http://lmms.io/forum/ "VST"

That will index site:http://lmms.io/[b]forum[/b] and only search there for the quoted keyword "VST"