Should I stop before I go insane ?

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
To answer the topic question, its prob too late for that but:

I am trying to make trance.

https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/trans2

I feel though, I have worked myself into a mixing nightmare.

What do you guys think ?

Although mine does not sound much like it, I tried to use this example for a techno beat:
Feedback on what I am doing wrong, beatwise appreciated too.
Or do I need to upload just the bbe part for feedback on that?
It sounds a bit like 80's electronic music, which is cool though.
The melody is good. That can stay.
But it needs to be a bit more fuller and widerish.
It depends how wide you want it.
Calf Reverb might be your best friend here.

I'll listen to the track it a few more times and make another post.
Gps wrote:Should I stop before I go insane ?
Lol!
Doctors suggestion, is to relax, for a few hours, play some games, then reopen Lmms. :geek:
Lol! :lol:
Good point, I was about to upload a newer version, but not before I add reverb. :)
Wooah! :D
Cool! O.O
This is sounding really nice.
Lovely melody and ambient pads.
It really has a surreal space planet type feel and vibe to it. :D
You definitely have something going there.
Wowy! :D
Thank you, I am quite happy with it my self. Staying calm helped.
I panicked because at first there was a bit too much overlapping sound.

Five or more E.Q and reverb with different room sizes for different tracks, seems to have solved that.
I missed the 1. version, but the 2. is good!
You have a fine progression, and i would say that the track 'kept' me all up to *2, then the theme could need something 'else'. Infact maby the track is just a little to long, iyuwim. You could add some fabulating clean bell-like or clean square/ piano at *1, and even make that part longer.
But, all and all, if you were in NFL, i rhink you would have been a nominee for most-improved-player of the year
I surely have never improved that dramatically -ever-, over so short time, and cant really remember anyone else either!
Thank you, and I was thinking about some more variation, and maybe make the track even longer.
For sure gonna try a bell sound, that would fit nicely because there are not much high tones, in the track right now.
So there is defenitly room there. A piano sonds interesting too.

About the progress.
I might sound over confident, but always thought, I had some talent for music.
This confidence did get a dent, when people told me I was out of tune.

One of the reasons why I think this, was at school. I was put behind a xylofoon, and the teacher said play something.
At first I was wtf, I can't play, how am I suspected to play something. I did manage though, but the teacher said something, I did not understand back then. I was playing a rhytem instead of a melody. :P

I was about 12 years old. After class the other students came to me and asked, how the hell did you do this.
I could only answer, I don't know, but was the only student who manged to get some sound out of the instrument.

Another proof was about rhytem. two others and me, started to bang on the table to a song.
Then one of them went off beat, and I was able to follow. The thid person however was like, I can't do this.
The person going off beat was playing in a band.

Don't get me wrong about my talent, I know I still have a lot to learn. My transistion in general to name one thing.
Also the structure of a song as steve pointed out. I also don't think I am the next john lord or mozart. ;)
Could not have done it without you guys, you might make an artist out of me yet.

One qustion though, NFL ?
Gps wrote:One qustion though, NFL ?
:D www.nfl.com/
They have their awards upcoming
Among many others also 'Most-improved-player-of-the-year'
They 'play' Hardstyle mostly..

I will now put my warped humor away
Ah yes that nfl, and about the warped humor, we can never have too much of that . :P