.ogg crashes Win XP upon preview

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi, I am running on Windows XP, Home Edition, Service pack 3.

When I try to use a sample in the song, a box in the bottom left corner says "Please wait, Loading sample for preview." and the window freezes. A few seconds later the classic "Send error report" dialog box pops up, and the program crashes.

This only happens when loading .ogg samples, and other file types work fine. However, since most of the default samples are ogg's, it is a big problem. I looked for similar issues, but could not find any.

LMMS works fine on my vista computer, but I am on the XP more often.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

If you need me to provide more info, let me know. As far as I can tell, it isnt leaving an error report.
If you need me to provide more info
what release version of lmms?
Current version
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/download.php
is 0.4.13. I have not seen others with that issue , nor have i had it myself
If you do have 0.4.13 ..autch ;/ -if not, upgrade :D
I just downloaded lmms a couple of days ago, so I have the latest version. I havent updated my sound card files, so I will try that.
I updated my drivers, but the problem is still not fixed. My audio card is a Realtek AC'97 Card. Dont know if that helps at all. I am going to try to get a crash report out of lmms next to see if that helps at all.
if anybody could tell me how to get a crash report on winodws, that would be great. I read something on the wiki about starting up stuff and it would put a core file somewhere, but im not sure what it means.

The generic "this program has encountered an error" window says this:

AppName: lmms.exe AppVer: 0.4.12.0 ModName: libvorbis-0.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000195af
Okay, I just found out that I cannot use .wav files either. It gives me the same error as the .ogg files
lmms.exe AppVer: 0.4.12.0
well current version is 0.4.13
where did you dl your version?
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/download.php
here you will get 0.4.13, and have options regarding babylon..

What i would do was
*totally de-install your current install
*make sure no dependencies exists (folders dat-files -eg clean everything!
*dl 0.4.13
*clean install
im not optimistic though, because 0.4.12 diddent have any ogg/wave issues .. :/

How about playing ogg /wave files in other programs?
any issues?

br.
I've got the same problem with .ogg files.
I am begginer and I heard about VSPs (?) but I didn't install anything like that.
OGG files works fine with Windows Media Player.
Waiting for help.
.ogg files and .wav files play fine in windows media player. When the error pops up, it says version 4.12 even though I am running the latest version, and have never downloaded a past version

I did uninstall and re-install, but it still doesnt work
I tried older version 4.11 but it doesn't work too.
.WAV works for me