Song Idea 5 :)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello
I'm trying lately Dubstep. And yes, I have taken to a Song Idea I have now been published for you.
I'm really happy with what I've done, but I believe that some improvements should be made.
So
Here the link:
https://soundcloud.com/acydemusic/dubstep-idea
On suggestions I like to go one :)
I like the drops around 1:30 and 2:50. But the rest lacks a certain je ne sais quoi. I think there needs to be a movement that builds a tension and resolves to the drops.
farawayinspace wrote:I like the drops around 1:30 and 2:50. But the rest lacks a certain je ne sais quoi. I think there needs to be a movement that builds a tension and resolves to the drops.
What would you suggest?
Counter melody (maybe a 303) starting in major, and becoming more diminished / bluesy just before the drops?
farawayinspace wrote:Counter melody (maybe a 303) starting in major, and becoming more diminished / bluesy just before the drops?
I have now completed my song. But I will add something. As an addition I took a saw, having the bassline as melody. As a chord. Your mentioned counter melody I have not yet inserted so far. But I'll see if they fit in my song.