Seven Lions Remix prod. using LMMS

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hey, so I made a remix/mashup using vocals from the Beatport remix contest for Days to Come by Seven Lions and the production work from Lux (2016 VIP) which I wrote. I figured I'd leave a link to it here and see what people think of it.

- JD

https://soundcloud.com/davisjacobym/sl- ... ds-lux-mix
Very nice- Especially your lead melody part is excellent! Where do you get such a vocal track from?
Are those vocals ok to re-use in a different song? You would have to pay royaltees to the artists, if your track made it commercially -right?
So the vocals came from a remix package from a Beatport remix contest--if I were to release it commercially, yes I would need permission. But as this is technically a very belated remix stemming from that contest, I should be fine.

Are you familiar with Beatport remix contests? Cause they're posted weekly and they come from all sorts of artists. A few I've seen in the past were for Above and Beyond songs (that's how Seven Lions got started actually, remixing A&B songs) and about a year ago there was a contest to remix the Dillion Francis remix of Some Chords by Deadmau5.
Very nice production, just like the earlier version (Lux). Mad props for making every synth in ZynAddSubFX; it takes a lot more work, but they sound great so it definitely paid off. There's only one tiny thing I didn't like, which carried over from the first version I think— the high hat sample just doesn't sound good to me. I don't know exactly what it is, but it really sticks out in the mix and sounds weird for some reason. Overall excellent track though.