Slayer of Beasts, Feedback Appreciated

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Perhaps DiCaprio could have beaten that bear if this was his jam
https://soundcloud.com/mrlmmsguy/slayer-of-beasts
Let me know if there is anything you think could be made better about it. Thanks!
God bless and good day
well produced track. I think the high pitch choir(?) that runs through whole track, dominates a bit. I would think that the track would live more, if you made drops only with bass and effects (Just after the exiting buildup, especially that drop) then the choir and drops will stand more discreet, and be better individually as well, imo
Really Nice work. Very clean. I could totally see this in an RPG soundtrack! Although, I thought the choir sounded off somehow. I think maybe the decay was slightly too low as each note kind of seems to drag on slightly too long and it made the stabs sound kind of off.
Once the sustained choir came in i noticed myself distracted by it just before the one minute mark as it is kinda loud.
I would suggest either removing the choir sound up until the drop, or replacing the stabs with a reverberated sustained choir.
Overall, really nice sound design though.
The snare might be a bit too tight sounding. If it were me, id probably use more of an 808 snare or a boy1da style duosnare but thats just a matter of preference for me.
mrlmmsguy wrote:Perhaps DiCaprio could have beaten that bear if this was his jam
https://soundcloud.com/mrlmmsguy/slayer-of-beasts
Let me know if there is anything you think could be made better about it. Thanks!
God bless and good day
I agree with Musik Bear that there is too much emphasis on the high-end. Nonetheless it is very well mixed and exciting with a compelling (but cliche) structure. Only thing missing are some interesting elements in the bass and a little more innovation with the percussion. Can't wait to hear more :)
This is an interesting yet unusual dubstep song.
Lots of cool sound effects and stuff going on in this track. Nice.
But somehow, I feel as if something is missing from this music track. I can't figure out what it is.
Very nice drum beats. :)
I have to agree with musikbears soundcloud comment. This track really has an exiting sound and feel to it. 8-)
A cool song, did you upload mmpz file to the lsp? :)
Thanks for the feedback all, I'm planning on releasing an EP soon containing remastered/remixed versions of my tracks and maybe a couple new ones
roy38 wrote:A cool song, did you upload mmpz file to the lsp? :)
I did not sir. Why? Did you want it? I used all external drum, choir, and string samples anyway, so I doubt it would be of much use to you . God Bless and good day
That's the thing about samples: if you want to share a preset, you need to share the sample as well. (Or does the mmpz file save the sample too?)

brian
brianc wrote:(Or does the mmpz file save the sample too?)
brian
No it does not. A mmpz is only a mmp in a special xml-zip formate, that compress everything with maximal efficiency. Way better than zip or rar, but there is no extra content.
Ermergerdnerss! Ser mernry cerments! Thanks for the feedback all! *sob* I'm *sob* planning on releasing a new track soon *sob* so don't *sob* unfollow me and forget I ever existed please *sob* *sniff* (just kidding, ignore me if you feel like it, BUT I DO HAVE NEW MUSIC ON THE HORIZON, GOOHOOHAHAHAHAHA! :P