Calf and LADSPA plugins and effects on a Windows machine..

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
hi all,
I am trying to learn more about using these, (and i see the beautiful interface at the CALF Studio Gear webpage).. So i was wondering if anybody know a way i can run LINUX inside my windows desktop just for LMMS??? or is there a way to get a GUI for the effects??? or even owners manuals?? for example the saturator by calf ladspa has 12 knobs and i'd like to know what each one does...??
Thanks.
Jogden139 wrote:hi all,
Hi! Welcome to the forum ! First, For you, all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for posting and using the right sub-forum :)
a way i can run LINUX inside my windows desktop just for LMMS??? .
Not 'just' for lmms. You do need at WM and you do need to select boot for either win or linux, at every startup. On top of that disappointment, i unfortunately also have to tell you that you cant have calf-gear UI in windows.
But the controls in lmms is actually not bad, it is just the visualizations, that is lacking. I have also only heard about one person, that managed to get calf-gear running at all, i doubt running calf-gear is used a lot by linux users, but i hope someone will chime in, and prove me wrong :)
so if i run ubuntu with oracle VM, can i than get the calf UI for there effects? or how do i get the calf UI ??