Help with identifying a drum.

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I've been searching and searching, and I just can't seem to find what kind of drum is used in epic orchestral productions which is the sort of music I'm trying to produce. Here is a song which has the drum in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKRUPYrAQoE The drum that I'm trying to identify comes in at 0:33 in the video. Is it a Tom Tom? Or does it not even exist and does that sound have to be synthesized?

BTW That song "Victory" from Two Steps From Hell is one of my favourite songs they have made, and TSFH is my #1 favourite "band".
That is not a drum. I believe it is nor less than canon-shots :p or some other weapon from the game.
Effects like this one is generally referred to as found-sounds
What you can try is to search the game library for *.wav. Some games like to obscure their resources, but if you are in luck, the files will be 'normal', and you could be lucky and find the one you like.
It is however not 100% 'ok' to actually USE sounds from games in own stuff, so i never recommend that... ;p ->:D
It's not from a game though :? - Two Steps From Hell use it in most of their songs, and other artists like Audiomachine, for example, use the same sound too. So is there any way to synthesize that sound, because... ummmm... they may not like me sampling it directly from their song? ;)
musikbear wrote:That is not a drum. I believe it is nor less than canon-shots :p or some other weapon from the game.
What you can try is to search the game library for *.wav. Some games like to obscure their resources, but if you are in luck, the files will be 'normal', and you could be lucky and find the one you like.
It is however not 100% 'ok' to actually USE sounds from games in own stuff, so i never recommend that... ;p ->:D
Ok, so it was a canon shot, well... sort of. I found a sample and added some effects to it and it now sounds similar enough to the one used in that song. I also got myself a nice cinematic sound effect library .sfz file that I can load into LMMS via VeSTige and Sforzando. I had my volume at 45% and was wearing headphones so when I played the sound, I almost gave myself a heart attack... :lol:
Be prepared for some very epic music in the next few weeks...
Gideon Stephen wrote:It's not from a game though :? - Two Steps From Hell use it in most of their songs, and other artists like Audiomachine, for example, use the same sound too. So is there any way to synthesize that sound, because... ummmm... they may not like me sampling it directly from their song? ;)
musikbear wrote:That is not a drum. I believe it is nor less than canon-shots :p or some other weapon from the game.