"Mastering"

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hey guys!
I am working really hard on my new track, and I have come to the mixing/mastering stage. I tried mastering in LMMS, used compressor and equalizers. But I read some posts here, that some users use other software to master their LMMS programs. So I tried to master in FL Studio Demo. I mean, FL Studio is more professional right? (Parametric EQ, better quality effects I think :D) When I am wrong, pls correct me. I mastered my song, and it sounded quiet good, although I have to improve it.
So my question:
May I master through FL Studio? I mean can I use my songs for commercial purpose? Or is it "Illegal" to master through a DEMO or something?
Please help me out!
And another question:
What is better for mastering: FL Studio or LMMS?
ACYDE Music wrote:Hey guys!
I am working really hard on my new track, and I have come to the mixing/mastering stage. I tried mastering in LMMS, used compressor and equalizers. But I read some posts here, that some users use other software to master their LMMS programs. So I tried to master in FL Studio Demo. I mean, FL Studio is more professional right? (Parametric EQ, better quality effects I think :D) When I am wrong, pls correct me. I mastered my song, and it sounded quiet good, although I have to improve it.
So my question:
May I master through FL Studio? I mean can I use my songs for commercial purpose? Or is it "Illegal" to master through a DEMO or something?
Please help me out!
And another question:
What is better for mastering: FL Studio or LMMS?
What it boils down to is a) the plugins you use, b) the skill of the artist. Just because someone has FlStudio doesn't mean they are a guru at mastering. Just because LMMS doesn't have commercial plugins doesn't mean you can't do a good job in it. There are several Vst plugins you can use to master things, though, I've found that having a good balance and applying filters/eq judiciously seems to do just fine.
As for the Demo license, I doubt it's illegal to master with it, I'd read the EULA to make sure, but keep in mind you can't save in the demo (I think), and I'm not sure if you even have decent export options. Hope this helps. GBAGD
Also, route your sounds to separate channels as you make the song. It makes the mixing/mastering process so much easier.
Thanks for the reply!
FL Studio DEMO has export options, I can't save a project but I can export it. It is just like the paid one, only no saving.
Yeah, you are right. I can master in LMMS too, but sometimes it crashes (maybe its because I use the beta version 2.0)
But, I am at the save (and legal) way, when I master in LMMS.
Another question:
Should I export the project before I begin to master?
Or should I do it in the project file?
Audacity is another mastering option, isn't it? :D
ACYDE Music wrote:Audacity is another mastering option, isn't it? :D
Yep. You can use good ol' audacity for mastering too. 8-)
My song is nearly finished! B-)
ACYDE Music wrote:Another question:
That's not a bad idea, saving a mod copy to play around in the mastering. Better safe than sorry
brandystarbrite wrote: Yep. You can use good ol' audacity for mastering too. 8-)

True story, though you'll have to export your project as separate tracks. And audacity doesn't exactly have the playback editing functionality of LMMS.
P.S. Bsb, did you get my PM?
mrlmmsguy wrote:
ACYDE Music wrote:Another question:
That's not a bad idea, saving a mod copy to play around in the mastering. Better safe than sorry
brandystarbrite wrote: Yep. You can use good ol' audacity for mastering too. 8-)

True story, though you'll have to export your project as separate tracks. And audacity doesn't exactly have the playback editing functionality of LMMS.
P.S. Bsb, did you get my PM?
The answer came too late, I mastered my song in the project file :D