Clicky sounds

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Whenever I put some notes in a row, It made some clicky sounds especially in high volume. Is this thing normal or not? If not, what are the cause of it and how to minimize? (if it is inevitable)
Wormy300 wrote:Whenever I put some notes in a row, It made some clicky sounds especially in high volume. Is this thing normal or not? If not, what are the cause of it and how to minimize? (if it is inevitable)
If the FX channel goes into the red zone, then Yes, it means clipping is happening.

Clipping: normally happens, when an instrument or sound, is too loud and makes a noise/clicking type sound.
The best way to deal with this, is to turn down the volume of the synth, or the volume of the FX channel
it is connected to.

Another suggestion I have, is to probably raise the attack of the sound/sample a bit. :)
Some sounds/samples, if played in rapid succession eg. Drum sound, can cause a clicking sound. :P
So what I and some other Lmms users do, is to raise the attack of the sound, to a slightly higher number, until the sound is no longer heard. Hope that helps. :)
Brandy has given you some good starting points. If you tell us what samples or instruments you're using when you're getting these "clicky sounds" we might be able to give more specific help.

Steve
brandystarbrite wrote: Another suggestion I have, is to probably raise the attack of the sound/sample a bit.
-or the release
Heres an old video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRzIcJ31Yjc

For samples -generally speaking, you will always want the start-point AND end-point, to be as close as possible to the horizontal centerline (no-sound) So for samples in AFP, the best way to avoid clicks is to set the start-point AND end-point closest to 'no-sound' in the best position possible.
Thanks for your answers, I think the increasing a little attack helps this issue. Actually I have these issues for my all soundtracks, unfortunately I cannot revise them due to my computer reformatted a month ago. (4 tracks to be exact) Now, it would be a help for my future tracks. :)