How to Remix?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Is it possible to remix a song in LMMS 1.1.3? As in if you can remix songs like professionals do, such as cutting off part of the vocals, speeding the vocals up, etc.? If so how do you?
Use audacity and audiofileprocessor to do that kind of thing. It's hard, but doable.
davisjacobym wrote:Use audacity and audiofileprocessor to do that kind of thing. It's hard, but doable.
May you tell me how to use Audio File Processor and get an XML/.XPF file?
bKimchi wrote:
davisjacobym wrote:Use audacity and audiofileprocessor to do that kind of thing. It's hard, but doable.
I'm not totally sure about an XML or XPF file, but essentially, you'd create a sample loop using audacity, export it to wav or ogg, and then load it into audio file processor. If you'd like, I can demonstrate it in my next live stream I do.
davisjacobym wrote:
bKimchi wrote:
I'm not totally sure about an XML or XPF file, but essentially, you'd create a sample loop using audacity, export it to wav or ogg, and then load it into audio file processor. If you'd like, I can demonstrate it in my next live stream I do.
Yes please, and where can I find the live stream you'll make. If you can, may you make it a video instead of live? I also found that you can use .wav like you said, but I dont know how to make the sound play or remix it.
There is another forum in general chat that shows where my youtube channel is. I always re-upload my livestreams so that people who want to watch them later can do so.

One thing I should ask, when you say you're trying to remix a song, do you have the stems (individual parts) or project file on hand? Thats really where it makes it easy to remix stuff. If not, it can be a lot harder.
davisjacobym wrote:There is another forum in general chat that shows where my youtube channel is. I always re-upload my livestreams so that people who want to watch them later can do so.

One thing I should ask, when you say you're trying to remix a song, do you have the stems (individual parts) or project file on hand? Thats really where it makes it easy to remix stuff. If not, it can be a lot harder.
Yes I do have the vocals only and do you know where else you can find stems so it is easier to remix? I also wanted to ask, because from your YouTube videos you're a great producer, do you have any tips for me for producing and remixing? Thanks for all your help.
bKimchi wrote:
davisjacobym wrote:There is another forum in general chat that shows where my youtube channel is. I always re-upload my livestreams so that people who want to watch them later can do so.

Yes I do have the vocals only and do you know where else you can find stems so it is easier to remix? I also wanted to ask, because from your YouTube videos you're a great producer, do you have any tips for me for producing and remixing? Thanks for all your help.
Stems are harder to come by. Beat port used to do remix contests, but has stopped. Really, if you want to find stems, you'll have to look around for remix packages that interest you. Also ask around with other LMMS users for project files and see who has what songs up for remixing. I believe Mayo Staccato has one up for his song Trouble in Candyland.
davisjacobym wrote:
bKimchi wrote:

Stems are harder to come by. Beat port used to do remix contests, but has stopped. Really, if you want to find stems, you'll have to look around for remix packages that interest you. Also ask around with other LMMS users for project files and see who has what songs up for remixing. I believe Mayo Staccato has one up for his song Trouble in Candyland.
Good job on your song Lux btw. I wish I could produce like that. Also, when will you do the livestream? Please tell me timezone because I'm Pacific. You should also make tutorials, you'll be good.
I usually post regarding my live streams in General Chat. I usually do my live streams on Saturdays around 12:00pm MST (Denver/SaltLakeCity)