why doesn't LMMS want to play nice with my Oxygen49?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm fairly new to the music scene, but I find I'm have a problem with lmms I'm not having with other programs I dabble in, such as sunvox or dark wave studio. Whenever I try to use my m-audio oxygen49 midi controller with lmms, lmms either doesn't recognize that the device is plugged in, or, when it does, and I choose to make it so that the input control comes from my keyboard, it doesn't actually control any of the plugins on lmms. I'm very confused as to why that is with lmms and not with any other program I've used my baby with.

If anyone can help me out with this dilema, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your help.
bronxkuma wrote:I'm fairly new to the music scene, but I find I'm have a problem with lmms I'm not having with other programs I dabble in, such as sunvox or dark wave studio. Whenever I try to use my m-audio oxygen49 midi controller with lmms, lmms either doesn't recognize that the device is plugged in, or, when it does, and I choose to make it so that the input control comes from my keyboard, it doesn't actually control any of the plugins on lmms. I'm very confused as to why that is with lmms and not with any other program I've used my baby with.

If anyone can help me out with this dilema, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your help.
LMMS doesn't automatically connect instruments with midi input. You have to go on an instrument, in the MIDI tab (the one at the far right), click on "Enable Midi" and then choose your device from the dropdown menu.
Alternatively, you can also click on that tool icon on instruments in the Song Editor, select Midi, then Input, and then your device.

Maybe that will help. :/