Can I post a list of DSK VSTs etc. that work well in LMMS?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi musikbear and guys. I was just wondering, since I'm trying out DSK musics Vsts and a couple others not mentioned in the LMMS Vst wiki. "Which was very helpful by the way. Thanks alot for that LMMS wiki guys."
Could I post a list of DSK Vst's, that stabley work in LMMS? Right here on the LMMS forums? So that newbies like myself and anyone else, including those with experience, could use it as a guide to review, which DSK Vst's, work well and stabley in LMMS?
Since alot of people, commenting on Dsk Music.com, ask if the Dsk Vsts work in LMMS.

I'm doing the DSK Vsts first, since they did update some of their Vsts. And I'm taking my time testing them out right now.
The Dsk ChoirZ, is very cool.

Note: I'm running LMMS on Win 7 64 bit. :D

Hope you guys respond. And tell me what you think. :D
Could I post a list of DSK Vst's, that stabley work in LMMS? Right here on the LMMS forums?
That would be helpful to everyone i think. The more activity on this forum the better :D
Please remember to post your hardware specifications too.
- you could sign up to the wiki too, and add those to the tested list for Win 7 64 bit.

Br.
musikbear wrote:
Could I post a list of DSK Vst's, that stabley work in LMMS? Right here on the LMMS forums?
That would be helpful to everyone i think. The more activity on this forum the better :D
Please remember to post your hardware specifications too.
- you could sign up to the wiki too, and add those to the tested list for Win 7 64 bit.

Br.

YAY!! :D Thanks alot musikbear. I don't have a Wiki account yet, but I'll make one soon as possible. I'm testing them out, right now as I write this post. 4 tested, alot more to go. YAY!! :D I'll post another reply as soon as possible. Bye. :mrgreen:
Right! Now back to business. Testing of DSK Vsts, going well as planned. :D I finally downloaded nearly all of them. Still a few more to download. But I'll download the rest as soon as possible.
I have tested about 15 DSK Vsts so far. So far, most of these 15 work well, except for 2 or 3 of them. I'm going to retest them again. And see why they are not functioning like the others.

Note: For those Win 7 64bit users, wanting to use the following DSK Vsts..............Indian Dreamz and Asian Dreamz. Asian Dreamz crashes more than Indian Dreamz. :o Especially when using the "PIpa Tremolo instrument." All the other Asian Dreamz instruments work well, but both the Pipa and the Pipa Tremolo seem buggy in LMMS. But Pipa Tremolo instrument, in Asian Dreamz, takes the "Academy award for crashing LMMS on my system." :shock: Anytime you select (sometimes), or play around too much with the Pipa Tremolo, the LMMS Cpu meter spikes to some "HORRIBLE" levels before crashing. :o Can't understand why this happens though.

The Darkness Theory 3 VST is really cool. It uses 10.5 mb of disk space. It crashes Lmms sometimes. ;)

Final note to LMMS users: When using any VST's, especially DSK Vsts...." eg. The Pipa Tremolo in ASian Dreamz." Do the following written below............... :geek:
1) Make sure your Antivirus's Guard option thingy is switched off.
2) And 2, make sure your internet wireless option thingy is off too.
3) Close any running applications.....eg. 3D or 2D programs, media players etc. When using LMMS.
Why do these things? 1)That way you can safely close LMMS when it crashes or freezes up.
2) And, all your CPU processing power, goes into LMMS. So that..... you can (almost safely use Vst's) or, close LMMS when it crashes or freezes up.

I'll post more small bits of DSK Vst insider info, as soon as I test out the others. I'm deliberately testing them all out, one by one at a "snail pace." So that interested LMMS users, can be assured that the info I post is correct. I'll post the full DSK instruments review chart, as soon as I finish test "all" of them. "So pray for me and my PC. ;) "

Going to check out this new DSK Oranze Vst now.

Note to LMMS users, check out the new "DSK Music box vst." It's really cute and cuddly. :mrgreen:

Bye guys. :mrgreen:
Vst testing going well. I tested out 12 so far. I will test out the rest, as soon as I have finished this cartoon, that I'm making. :)
Dsk Vst List will be up in 2 weeks or so. This is final week for me to finish my cartoon for Animae Caribe 2012. After I'm done with it, I'll test out the rest of Dsk Vst's and post the list for everyone to see and use as reference.

Note: The list is for Win 7 64 Bit Home Premium users. Sorry, about users of other OS platforms. I don't have Mac or Linux yet.
Okay. Ignore my last comment from before. Full Dsk Vst's list is 85% done. My Cartoon for Animae Caribe 2012 was finished, in the first day of October this month. I have "almost" nothing holding me back from completely testing, the remaining VST's or Vsti's etc.
Sorry for taking so long, on posting an updated reply, on this thread. :oops:
I've been busy learning more stuff about LMMS, Blender and composing 2 Song tracks, which I'll put up on YouTube and "possibly" Vimeo, hopefully before the end of the year. In the meantime, sit back and relax. Yay!! :D
Okay guys! I'm almost done. Just a few more Vst's to go, and I'm done. Yay!
Wait!!I wonder, if I increase Buffer Latency size, would that prevent Vst's from crashing Lmms? That's what the FL Studio users do. Hmm........ :?
brandystarbrite wrote:Right! Now back to business. Testing of DSK Vsts, going well as planned. :D I finally downloaded nearly all of them. Still a few more to download. But I'll download the rest as soon as possible.
I have tested about 15 DSK Vsts so far. So far, most of these 15 work well, except for 2 or 3 of them. I'm going to retest them again. And see why they are not functioning like the others.

Note: For those Win 7 64bit users, wanting to use the following DSK Vsts..............Indian Dreamz and Asian Dreamz. Asian Dreamz crashes more than Indian Dreamz. :o Especially when using the "PIpa Tremolo instrument." All the other Asian Dreamz instruments work well, but both the Pipa and the Pipa Tremolo seem buggy in LMMS. But Pipa Tremolo instrument, in Asian Dreamz, takes the "Academy award for crashing LMMS on my system." :shock: Anytime you select (sometimes), or play around too much with the Pipa Tremolo, the LMMS Cpu meter spikes to some "HORRIBLE" levels before crashing. :o Can't understand why this happens though.

The Darkness Theory 3 VST is really cool. It uses 10.5 mb of disk space. It crashes Lmms sometimes. ;)

Final note to LMMS users: When using any VST's, especially DSK Vsts...." eg. The Pipa Tremolo in ASian Dreamz." Do the following written below............... :geek:
1) Make sure your Antivirus's Guard option thingy is switched off.
2) And 2, make sure your internet wireless option thingy is off too.
3) Close any running applications.....eg. 3D or 2D programs, media players etc. When using LMMS.
Why do these things? 1)That way you can safely close LMMS when it crashes or freezes up.
2) And, all your CPU processing power, goes into LMMS. So that..... you can (almost safely use Vst's) or, close LMMS when it crashes or freezes up.

I'll post more small bits of DSK Vst insider info, as soon as I test out the others. I'm deliberately testing them all out, one by one at a "snail pace." So that interested LMMS users, can be assured that the info I post is correct. I'll post the full DSK instruments review chart, as soon as I finish test "all" of them. "So pray for me and my PC. ;) "

Going to check out this new DSK Oranze Vst now.

Note to LMMS users, check out the new "DSK Music box vst." It's really cute and cuddly. :mrgreen:

Bye guys. :mrgreen:
Hi brandystarbrite, thanks so much for this info! :D

I am a total and complete noob when it comes to the developers' side of LMMS, and I've been running into some snags with those DSK plug-ins; I think your suggestions will help a lot. I am loving the DSK plug-ins (I posted a salsa beat in the "my projects" section with 2 or 3 of them) but they do tend to make LMMS crash. I don't know how to turn off my anti-virus or internet connection (and I'd probably be in deep you-know-what if I did), but this stuff about LMMS being the only program running may be part of the problem. I notice that it clashes a bit with my screen magnifier (which I need to see what I'm doing) but if I can free up everything else (no internet, media players etc. like you said) I think that'll help a lot.

BTW thanks also for that idea about a list of plug-ins that work well with LMMS - VSTs have changed the way I create my music. :)
Thanks alot for your comment and encouragement. I'm hoping to release the full list, on the Lmms Forum, and WIki somewhere during the Christmas, December month.
Note: I forgot to mention, whenever Vst's crash, Lmms makes your PC sometimes write a "Problem file" so large, it takes up about half a Gigabyte of your hard drive space. FOR REAL!! :shock:

I don't know how to turn off my anti-virus or internet connection (and I'd probably be in deep you-know-what if I did
),

Most Antivirus software has a Guard off, Guard on, option button "thingy" that enables you, to manually switch on your Antivirus guard, and put it back on when you're ready.
I'm using Avast now! Trend Antivirus has this option too.

On my Asus note book, to switch your WIreless on or off, you press keys.....Fn blue Key and F2. Asus has the picture icons on it's buttons, so no worries for me.
I'm running Win 7 64 Bit Home Pemium.

You can check here for more on Mastering tips and tricks: https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... p?f=3&t=50
BTW thanks also for that idea about a list of plug-ins that work well with LMMS - VSTs have changed the way I create my music.
No problem He! He! :)