Moar Growlz (Trance Remix) Yay!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello again! so, i've been kinda hit with writers block, and wanted to make some Trance, because im starting to move away from the dubstep/ drumstep sorta thing, to something more melodic and pretty.

It's kinda my second attempt at trance, and had help from my dad (he is a huge fan of trance) so criticism is wanted!

Here is da Song => https://soundcloud.com/djflyingpankakez ... ance-remix

EDIT: This one is better! https://soundcloud.com/djflyingpankakez ... ce-remix-1
This sounds really good. A very good close attempt to trance indeed.
Only a few things keep it from being full trance music. But you are very close.

You did a really good job with the melodies. :)

The start up from 0 to 2:16 secs is nice, but something is missing.
Something else, could have been added in there, to make it sound fuller eg. a nice Pad sound melody playing
in the background? That might work.
Or probably, another synth sound playing in the background etc, to full it up a bit more.
There are so many different things, that could have been added to the start up, that I have no idea what to say. :P

The build up, from 2:17 secs to 2:44 secs is great.
But as it came closer to 2:44 secs, more could have been done there, or should I say, another effect/sound
added to the air rush build up sound etc, before it reaches the epic peak, that leads to the melody part that
comes in afterwards. In other words, it sounds good, but something cool seems missing there.

The synth sound you used for the melodies etc. are lovely. 8-)

A continuous Bass with low volume, is definitely missing.
Note that the bass sound doesn't need to be loud at all.
If it is even felt than heard, that is good enough.
Not all trance songs have a loud bass. Some have bass sounds so low, you can't even hear it at all, until the other instruments stop playing for a while.

Note: If you're planning to use a sine wave to make a bass sound, lower your speakers, or synths volume, before you press any key.
Sine basses have a tendency, to cause alot of volume clipping and crackling speakers. Lol!

All in all, super lovely music and great work. I enjoyed listening to it about 4 times.

I can understand why you don't like the cover art.
It's not so bad, but yeah, it just needs to be a bit better to make it look better. Ha! Ha! :D
brandystarbrite wrote:This sounds really good. A very good close attempt to trance indeed.
I'm glad you liked it! And thanks for the in depth help! i will get to work in it now.

About the extra effect on the air rush, i had wanted to put like a *pop* noise, but couldn't find any, maybe i just need to look harder :lol:
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:
brandystarbrite wrote:This sounds really good. A very good close attempt to trance indeed.
I'm glad you liked it! And thanks for the in depth help! i will get to work in it now.

About the extra effect on the air rush, i had wanted to put like a *pop* noise, but couldn't find any, maybe i just need to look harder :lol:
Is this better? https://soundcloud.com/djflyingpankakez ... ance-remix