Page 1 of 1

is LMMS dead?

Posted: November 11th, 2016, 1:54 pm
by Mazoni
Long time no out new versions of the application.

Re: is LMMS dead?

Posted: November 11th, 2016, 2:21 pm
by DomeNico Rotolo
Mazoni wrote:Long time no out new versions of the application.
The application could be dead, but the community is not... I don't know tho because I'm a new entry!

Re: is LMMS dead?

Posted: November 11th, 2016, 2:42 pm
by ACYDE Music
No.
As I know, the programmers are working on the 1.2 update since a very long time. If you are typing on google "lmms milestones" you will get to a github(?) site and see that there is over 90 percent completed.
Also on the facebook page LMMS has written, that rhe RC2 Build is coming when its ready.
I am really looking forward to the new update, and hope that it will come out this year :D

Re: is LMMS dead?

Posted: November 11th, 2016, 8:33 pm
by umcaruje
Hi, I'm from the LMMS developer team. LMMS is a very much alive project and we're working hard on bringing 1.2 to a release. As ACYDE Music said, you can follow the milestone on github for updates. We're having problems with MIDI export now, and I'm afraid we'll need to temportatily disable that feature, and possibly release 1.2 without it, if a fix does not emerge.

Re: is LMMS dead?

Posted: November 11th, 2016, 11:36 pm
by musikbear
Mazoni wrote:Long time no out new versions of the application.
You already been informed of the high vitality of lmms :)
So i just want to say Welcome to the forum Mazoni ! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

Re: is LMMS dead?

Posted: November 12th, 2016, 6:06 am
by woods alive
umcaruje wrote:Hi, I'm from the LMMS developer team. LMMS is a very much alive project and we're working hard on bringing 1.2 to a release. As ACYDE Music said, you can follow the milestone on github for updates. We're having problems with MIDI export now, and I'm afraid we'll need to temportatily disable that feature, and possibly release 1.2 without it, if a fix does not emerge.
Check what I found while my wife was watching a vine compilation:
https://youtu.be/8d1FwDVcu9g?t=4m7s
Pause it right about at 4:07.
I don't think thats dead.

Re: is LMMS dead?

Posted: November 12th, 2016, 7:03 am
by DJ FlyingPankakez
davisjacobym wrote: Check what I found while my wife was watching a vine compilation:
https://youtu.be/8d1FwDVcu9g?t=4m7s
Pause it right about at 4:07.
I don't think thats dead.
Nice find!

Re: is LMMS dead?

Posted: November 12th, 2016, 10:52 am
by musikbear
we now have that established. i will lock this now.