Page 1 of 2

LFO Controller speed inconsistent in 1.1.90

Posted: November 19th, 2016, 5:51 am
by BeeFef
The beta build 1.1.90 has a strange bug where you connect an instrument to an LFO controller and the LFO speed varies even though it's apparently supposed to stay at a constant speed, even when you have it tempo synced. Help

Re: LFO Controller speed inconsistent in 1.1.90

Posted: November 19th, 2016, 12:22 pm
by musikbear
Welcome to the forum Beefef! Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
BeeFef wrote:connect an instrument to an LFO controller and the LFO speed varies even though it's apparently supposed to stay at a constant speed, even when you have it tempo synced
That need investigating ..
Could you upload the file, and give us the link, i would like to see what you have done

Re: LFO Controller speed inconsistent in 1.1.90

Posted: November 19th, 2016, 5:06 pm
by zonkmachine
I think there are two issues reported on LFO tempo/sync and one of them is fixed already. I suggest you wait a bit and try the next RC of LMMS which isn't quite done yet.

Re: LFO Controller speed inconsistent in 1.1.90

Posted: November 23rd, 2016, 8:56 pm
by BeeFef
musikbear wrote: Could you upload the file, and give us the link, i would like to see what you have done
Here, I made an LMMS project to show the bug. It's on MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1tbe8aw9e ... FObug.mmpz

Re: LFO Controller speed inconsistent in 1.1.90

Posted: November 24th, 2016, 12:46 pm
by musikbear
Ok, thanks but i hope the update will fix this

Re: LFO Controller speed inconsistent in 1.1.90

Posted: May 5th, 2017, 12:35 am
by BeeFef
zonkmachine wrote: ↑
November 19th, 2016, 5:06 pm
I think there are two issues reported on LFO tempo/sync and one of them is fixed already. I suggest you wait a bit and try the next RC of LMMS which isn't quite done yet.
The problem wasn't fixed. It's still doing the exact same thing as I described.

Re: LFO Controller speed inconsistent in 1.1.90

Posted: May 6th, 2017, 2:38 pm
by tresf
Being worked on here: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/pull/3521

The GitHub bug tracker linked above is the proper place for bug reports. :)

Re: LFO Controller speed inconsistent in 1.1.90

Posted: May 6th, 2017, 8:32 pm
by zonkmachine
tresf wrote: Being worked on here: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/pull/3521
Wrong bug. This sounds more like https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/2501 but that one should have been fixed.

Re: LFO Controller speed inconsistent in 1.1.90

Posted: May 6th, 2017, 10:14 pm
by zonkmachine
BeeFef wrote: ↑
November 23rd, 2016, 8:56 pm
Here, I made an LMMS project to show the bug. It's on MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1tbe8aw9e ... FObug.mmpz
I tested the project but fail to see what the LFO is connected to.

Re: LFO Controller speed inconsistent in 1.1.90

Posted: May 7th, 2017, 5:57 am
by BeeFef
zonkmachine wrote: ↑
May 6th, 2017, 10:14 pm
I tested the project but fail to see what the LFO is connected to.
It's the cutoff frequency parameters of the lowpass filter that's connected to the master channel.

I also notice that almost all of the annoying bugs I remember encountering in 1.1.3 and 1.2.0-RC1 (1.1.90) are still in RC2. I hope they fix this by the release of 1.2.0.