Help please!

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi everyone.I am a singer, and i create my music on LMMS, because i cannot afford a pro studio service(i started just a half year ago, and learn a lot on LMMS),and i am reducing the tracks and voice in Audacity software. And than i got the problem, here is the story: I have created a music which many people like, and radio in LA going to play it on air. I fix the crispy noises, all the quality of songs, and i thought that was enough for it, that the quality is great now. But the radio manager replayed to me, that he likes the songs, but they need to be mastered first. I need a studio quality of my music , please help me how to find out how to do the mastering on LMMS for my songs. Is it possible at all on LMMS? Please somebody help me that is very important i need it so much.
kittyniau wrote:Hi everyone.I am a singer, and i create my music on LMMS, because i cannot afford a pro studio service(i started just a half year ago, and learn a lot on LMMS),and i am reducing the tracks and voice in Audacity software. And than i got the problem, here is the story: I have created a music which many people like, and radio in LA going to play it on air. I fix the crispy noises, all the quality of songs, and i thought that was enough for it, that the quality is great now. But the radio manager replayed to me, that he likes the songs, but they need to be mastered first. I need a studio quality of my music , please help me how to find out how to do the mastering on LMMS for my songs. Is it possible at all on LMMS? Please somebody help me that is very important i need it so much.
Hi there kittyniau.

I couldn't resist helping you out. :D

I don't know much about mastering. :oops:

But look up above your post, in ........General LMMS chat........and you'll see a topic , "question about mastering, by obstinatus," I even left a post for you there. So you'll know you're on the right track. Hope I helped you out.

PS: Sorry if it's an outdated post. It was the only one I could find. :oops: :D

Bye. :D :)
Actually, I think it's below this post now. :? :oops:

Sorry. :? :oops:

So enjoy. :D
brandystarbrite wrote:Actually, I think it's below this post now. :? :oops:

Sorry. :? :oops:

So enjoy. :D
Hi brandystarbrite, thank you :)) i found the topic and your post:). Now i need to look for each terms in topic replays, to understand everything.
Here is for you the link, you can hear my voice, it is only a cover song:)

http://snd.sc/PFVhwP
Hi brandystarbrite, thank you :)) i found the topic and your post:). Now i need to look for each terms in topic replays, to understand everything.
Here is for you the link, you can hear my voice, it is only a cover song:)

http://snd.sc/PFVhwP[/quote]

WOW!! :shock: :o :shock: :o
Is that you singing that song? :shock: I can't believe it! You sound great! It's really great for a cover song. ;) Didn't even know what I was gonna hear too. :shock:
WOW!! You have a very really unusual voice. :shock: :shock: :o Very rare indeed.

"You'll sound real good in a Gareth Emery techno/trance song. " Check concrete Angels by Gareth Emery. All the female singers in his songs have unusual voices. "Especially the Cristina Novelli chick in Concrete Angels."

"You sound WAY better than "all them" commercial singers and wannabes out there, who strangely make millions of dollars." :? ........And they're too many of them.
Why Lord?! ................................WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! :roll:

And you made this track with LMMS? Nice set of skillz you got there. You got madskillzys kittyniau!! Nice work. :mrgreen:

Me personally, I don't think much is needed to do on this song. It sounds like if you recorded it in a singing club. And some people actually use a live performance recording, with audience and stuff etc. when releasing their tracks. Especially for these type of songs. I think that young chick, "Amy Wine house," did the same thing as well with some of her songs. :o

After hearing it the first time, I could have sworn, you recorded this live at one of those singing clubs. Or Kareoke clubs. OR you put it on a record. Can't believe you did this in LMMS. But it's definitely believable.

Note: I hear a "Low Sounding Crispy noise at 2.35 in your song." But it's hardly audable, unless you have hearing like mine. But almost unnoticably. But it makes it sound as if your song, is on an old school "Vintage Record Player." Which is good! And makes your song and voice sound more "Organic." Which is what you want to go for,for a song like this. Unless you're dealing with a....... "COMMERCIAL DJ. who "thinks" he knows music. :shock: "

Did you compose or write this song? It sounds kinda familiar, yet different. So you like old school 60's type music huh?

I'm gonna post a comment, and follow you on Soundcloud. Yay! :D Look for it, on the same song that you linked me too.

So that's your other/ real name? Sasha........etc.

Well good blessings on your song. Hope you learn the Mastering thingy. I gotta learn Mastering too. :?

Well bye.

Show this comment or the one I posted on Soundcloud, to the DJ, if he's giving you trouble. :lol:

PS: If that is you in the picture, I didn't know you were such a "Cutie." But I suspected it. :oops: :shock: I let it slip. :lol: :lol:

Well then bye. :mrgreen:
Wow thank you for such a comment brandystarbrite =^.^= :) i am very hapy that you like it.Are you a musician?
This song is a my cover of a song "Only you" of a 60"s band "The Platters", i love that song.
How did you guess it that i sing it in karaoke-cafe?You are right :)
This song was not made on LMMS, it is karaoke instrumental, i record it in karaoke-cafe.I do on LMMS my own original songs and music i haven't yet upload it anywhere. But if you want, i can upload any of my original songs which i made on LMMS. I have 25 songs i wrote and compose myself in english. Also i am composing songs in japanese.:)
I am dreaming to become popular singer,and i love to sing for the people, so that is why i want to get my songs played on radio in LA. But they don't accept songs without mastering it.
I take a listen to the music you said(Gareth Emery - Concrete Angel) but i could not find it in karaoke-cafe, and also cannot find a lyrics for it and instrumental for karaoke(( Maybe you can help me to find it please?
Thank you again for you comments, i am very very happy))
I take a listen to the music you said(Gareth Emery - Concrete Angel) but i could not find it in karaoke-cafe, and also cannot find a lyrics for it and instrumental for karaoke(( Maybe you can help me to find it please?
Thank you again for you comments, i am very very happy))[/quote]

Hi there Kitty. YAY! You finally replied. :D
I'll answer all your questions tomorrow. If I saw your post sooner, I would have answered all your questions. But it's 1:06 am here at home, as I'm writing this to you. And I'm getting very sleepy. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..Yawn!

I'll answer all your questions tomorrow, ........night. ;) So look for my next post.

In the meantime, I took the time, to give you the lyrics of Concrete Angels. :o Here it is below.............

SURPRISE :o :shock: Wow! I move fast! :shock:

Concrete Angels( by Gareth Emery) Feat.Cristina Novelli

Let me breath you in, and breath the words in your mouth,
Inside your shivering, the silence shouts so loud.
I just want to, I just want to stay around,
And while my heart beats I promise I won't let you down.

If I'm somewhere else it doesn't mean that I don't see,
That you don't trust yourself, that's why you don't trust me,
It makes me crazy, when you're crazy, you don't speak,
You think you know me, but what you know is just skin deep :shock:

If you keep building these walls
Brick by brick towers so tall
Soon I won't see you at all
Till the concrete angel falls
I knew who you were from the start
But now I don't know who you are
Soon there will be nothing at all
x2

Yes. Very simply written song. :) Goes to show, you don't need a 2000 word song or more to make a big hit. Simple and nice. :D

If you want to see the "lyrical video" on youtube.................type in Gareth Emery - Concrete Angel (With Lyrics) dantandan
His video is nice, with all the Angel pictures.

Well enjoy. I'll post a reply to all your questions tomorrow Kittyniau.

In the meantime...............................Bye. And goodnight. :mrgreen:
kittyniau wrote:Wow thank you for such a comment brandystarbrite =^.^= :) i am very hapy that you like it.Are you a musician?
This song is a my cover of a song "Only you" of a 60"s band "The Platters", i love that song.
How did you guess it that i sing it in karaoke-cafe?You are right :)
This song was not made on LMMS, it is karaoke instrumental, i record it in karaoke-cafe.I do on LMMS my own original songs and music i haven't yet upload it anywhere. But if you want, i can upload any of my original songs which i made on LMMS. I have 25 songs i wrote and compose myself in english. Also i am composing songs in japanese.:)
I am dreaming to become popular singer,and i love to sing for the people, so that is why i want to get my songs played on radio in LA. But they don't accept songs without mastering it.
Thank you again for you comments, i am very very happy))

Hi there again Kitty. Now to answer your questions.

Am I a musician? Well technically yes and no at the same time. I used to play guitar and recorder when I was 7 years old. But I haven't played it since. But I have returned to music, since the beginning of this year. Due to the fact I do Animation and 3D and 2D character design. You need a musician. And when I discovered LMMS this same year. It changed my life. Now I can make all the trance type music thingys and songs I want. :D I'm still learning LMMS though.
But I understand music very well, but in a different "unusual" :shock: type of way from most people. In that manner, I can always ( or most of the time) tell what is wrong with a song, what is missing, what it needs etc.

That 60's platter song, is really a nice classic. It suits you and your style of singing. Keep it up, and the good work you're doing. ;)

I could tell it was a Karaoke song,...................................................................... because I'm "PSYCHIC!!" :shock:
And the "force is strong with me. :lol: ..........Actually, due to the way it sounded when I listened to it. Recording it Live, especially in Karaoke Club is a good decision. Since, most of the classic 60's songs, are recorded in front of live audience. Good job Kitty! :D

So you composed and wrote 25 songs in LMMS? :o That's neat. Please upload some of them, where ever you want, and whenever you feel to. And leave a comment or link so I can listen to it. I am always curious to hear, music composed by LMMS users. "Sound Cloud is good idea too." ;)
You compose in Japanese too? Wow!! So you're bilingual. This is silly question, but judging from your "real name," are you half white/Japanese? :shock:

Yeah. I can really tell from the way you sing, that you really "LOVE" singing. I don't blame you, since I used to sing too. But I haven't done it since. :? :oops:
You Dream to be famous singer? I hope you do pull it off Kitty.

Note to Kitty: If you do become famous singer, "BEWARE OF HOLLYWOOD or similar institutions and many of it's "older generation Cronies!" :shock:
They have ways, of messing up young singers/ actors and young peoples lives. And making talented young singers, sing 'Conventional, commercial Crap music.
Thereby reducing their talents too a mediocre level. Believe me when I say a good bit, of us young people, don't even listen to radio again. "Too much mediocre
music." People have been complaining about that for years.
I'd rather listen to, Agnivash baghels FL Studios Trance music, youtube trance and techno, and old school house music etc. than listen to most, of the modern day
songs and sadly.............the cheesy, silly, crappy conventional techno dance music, out there. :roll: Waaaaaaaaaah!! Whhhhhhhhhhhy?! :lol:

Word of advice........maybe you should, launch your singing career in "JAPAN." eg." YOHIO of Seremedy fame." Japan's music industry, may not be so innocent,
but it may be a better solution, since you compose songs in Japanese. Note that I'm not trying to turn you away from your dreams, or singing career. Only give you
some good advice and more options. ;)

Concrete Angel lyrics are in my above comment. But here it is again below:

Concrete Angels( by Gareth Emery) Feat.Cristina Novelli

Let me breath you in, and breath the words in your mouth,
Inside your shivering, the silence shouts so loud.
I just want to, I just want to stay around,
And while my heart beats I promise I won't let you down.

If I'm somewhere else it doesn't mean that I don't see,
That you don't trust yourself, that's why you don't trust me,
It makes me crazy, when you're crazy, you don't speak,
You think you know me, but what you know is just skin deep

If you keep building these walls
Brick by brick towers so tall
Soon I won't see you at all
I knew who you were from the start
But now I don't know who you are
Soon there will be nothing at all
x2

And I'm glad my earlier comments, made you happy. :D

Bye Kitty. And good luck. :D
Hello brandystarbrite, very sorry for late rasponce, i wish i could replay earlier. :?
Thank you for the song lyrics you've posted,and for your other replay. About LMMS learning, and because you are doing an animations, i guess it will be interesting to you: i will make a new post now, it is about asking LMMS developers to make a sound quality of LMMS like in most commercial music software, because now LMMS sound quality is too poor for commercial use of music made on it. What do you think? I' ve started to use LMMS, and that problem always came out.
Well, i guess you mostly right about all modern music. It is too commercial this days.
Yes all my 25 songs i composed on LMMS, Bvut now i don't like the sound quality , even since my first post here i learn many about mastering of music, and many other things, but even if i try my best, i cannote get out of LMMS the good studio quality sound, that is problem, i guess it is just a software bug.
I don't know about japanese music buseness, i just dont know much about show buseness and where to start from. Just not long ago i've learned about indie radio, where indie unknown musician could play they songs.
I will send to your soundcloud account two my original songs,which i've send them to radio in LA, i hope they will be played there soon.
You can listen to it now there, it"s all made on LMMS.)
Hey Kitty, what's up? :D I'm Glad to hear from you again. It's been a while since I've heard from you.
I'm okay with your late reply. You were quite busy with Lmms, Mastering, music career and stuff etc. It's quite understandable.
Yeah!! Music nowaday's is becoming, or has become, "too commercial."
Thanks for sending me those two songs. I'm listening to them right now...........................

Wow! The "Persia Song" is unusually nice. "You have a really have an unusually, pretty voice!" What an unusual song. Now I feel like I'm transported into Disney's Alladdin.
I'm listening to your 2nd song, "Wonderland." Is that a duet you're doing? Pretty nice song. Yay!!
So you made these Two songs in Lmms. Nice.
I see where you're coming from with the " quality problem." You're not alone. A good bit of users on this forum, have spoken about this problem too.
Then I wondered if it's a Windows problem. Hmmm........ but some users, use other OS platforms like Linux etc.
In many cases, I myself have experienced some problems, some of the common ones experienced by users, including me, are, you hear either a knocking, tapping, fuzzy background noise or clicking sound, when trying to make instruments, or music, in the 3X Oscillator. And a "few" other Lmms internal Instruments. Some times it's when using drums for your song.
And no matter what I did, the problem either disappeared, or worsened.
I agree, I think it may be a Lmms Bug!! Or probably an "option problem" as explained here...........https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... ?f=7&t=332
If it is because of the Buffer option, or path name with an accent, as explained by musikbear, ofenrimx, and others on that topic, then this would make "alot of sense."

Both of your songs are very nice. I have just finished listening to them. Easy to listen to. But I hear the "quality problem, you described earlier."
But don't worry. Still sounds good.

I hope the Lmms creators can help "all of us Lmms users with this problem ( if it is a problem) and finalise, on what is really causing the quality problem." He! He! :)
A good explanation on whether, this is a bug or option etc. would be helpful. :)
I'm going to your new post to reply now.
PS: Thanks for sending me those two songs for me to listen too. It was a "JOY" listening to them! :D