Hi,

There are a few things that I would like to request, though I'm not exactly sure of the development push behind LMMS currently. I love this program, and would hate to have these things cause me to switch to another program. First, I recently purchased the Akai LPD8. It took me a while, but I finally got the pads (both as pads and as control change toggles) and the knobs set up for use in LMMS. LMMS also remembers the previous settings for each song, so I'm fairly happy about that. The problem comes in when I try to make a song with control change effects.

Say I record a 4 note bar, and then I want the last note to pitch bend up. Yes, I could just automate it, but what I'm aiming for is a more human, customizable effect. So I'd like to do it with one of my knobs. I link it to the pitch knob in the triple oscillator, and we're good to go. Then I play the piece, and pitch bend with the physical knob at the end. Then I replay it, only to find it only changed the pitch of the entire thing. The same thing happens when I record with the LPD8 and apply an effect like a pitch bend, it doesn't save the information. I feel like it would be somewhat easy to just take the information sent by a midi device whilst playing a track or recording in the piano roll, and write it to an automation track. Basically, it seems like LMMS has no live playing functionality.

The other big thing, that is important if you wish to DJ to any extent, is that if you use the mute and unmute function to bring in a track instead of a volume knob, it pops very loudly (more like it plays all the sounds in the track at once or something, actually...).

Other than that, LMMS is a great program.