ZynAddSubFX Bug?! High CPU levels when using ZynAddSubFX

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi guy's.Yesterday, when I was using ZynAddSubFX, for the third time. Trying to make a pluck sound. I noticed/heard my CPU fans, were running like mad when I opened 4 windows from it. From a single ZynAddSubFX that I put in the Beat and Bassline Editor. No other plugins or Vst's were used. Just one instance of ZynAddSubFX.
Even when I closed Lmms. The problem persisted. So I restarted my PC. And the problem was solved. No more noisy fans.
I'm on Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. Running on Dual core AMD Turions 2. In case you guys wanted to know.

This has never happened before. Is this a "bug?" Or is this normal, when trying to make instruments in ZynAddSubFX? :o
Try doing it again, and this time check your task manager, because there you see your memory and CPU usage.

Also, I doubt this is linked to LMMS, as usually when you close an application windows recycles everything it used, but who knows.
orpheon7 wrote:Try doing it again, and this time check your task manager, because there you see your memory and CPU usage.

Also, I doubt this is linked to LMMS, as usually when you close an application windows recycles everything it used, but who knows.
Hi. :D Yeah I did check my Task Manager. CPU was like 75% to 80%, when ZynAddSubFX was being used. And it was even stuck on a note. "Don't know which note though."
I had to close it, then reopen it for the stuck note to stop playing. Which has never happened to me before, when I used in previously (twice). I wonder if the sticking note caused the problem? Hmmm........
Then I saw this topic........https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... 2166#p2166
I wonder if the genesis-5 Lmms user, had Cpu spikes too? Hmmm................
I'm gonna reopen ZynAddSubFX again and see what happens, in the task manager.

I saw this demo too, from musikbear......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4f1bza ... e=g-user-u
Hmmm......interesting. :ugeek:
Wow. This have happened a lot to me too.
Never really thought of it being ZynAddSybFX, and couldn't recreate it either. Think my PC is jumping up and down with its CPU anyway, so opening a lot of ZynAddSybFX windows only makes the jumping visible in the CPU bar in LMMS.

The jumping is probably coming from updates and other programs which desperately tries to run in the background even if I don´t like them.
Yeah I agree sti2nd.
The jumping is probably coming from updates and other programs which desperately tries to run in the background even if I don´t like them.
That was my original thought, when it happened to me too. Must be my "Tune Up Utilities running, or carrying out its functions in the back ground. " Or probably, it's my Antivirus? I myself couldn't recreate the problem.
I think what may cause it also, is if you have notes playing in the background, while opening windows for ZynAddSybFX, it causes the Lmms music, to slow down and breakup.
But then again, that happened to me yesterday, and my PC didn't go "beserk?!"
Strange problem. Hmmmm................... :geek: