"Rex" file type and LMMS

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I have a question about a new file type I've been hearing a lot about lately, with a ".REX" extension. Is anyone familiar with that file type, and if so is it compatible with LMMS?

The reason I'm asking is, I recently purchased some packages of loops & samples that had some in that format. It was the same loops/samples in like WAV, MP3, something Mac and "REX". So I looked it up on Wikipedia and found that they are basically supposed to be audio loops that will fit into whatever tempo you have set the song to (or at least that was my interpretation of their very technical and way-over-my-head definition, LOL). Yet at the same time, when I try to drag these files into LMMS, it doesn't appear to work. But then I read somewhere where someone said they use these "Rex" files with LMMS, and I thought it would be great if I knew one way or the other for sure. :)
not supported
You could add support to the wish-list

br.
Good idea. I think I'll do that. But until they do (which I understand will probably take awhile), it's good to know it's not supported because now I can delete all those "rex" files and save some major space on my computer. :)
Why not carry them over to a Flash drive, external hard drive, or copy/burn it to a DVD CD. For safe keeping, until Lmms supports REX files,in the near future.
So you wouldn't have to re-download them again. ;)
Hi, I think i already suggested this feature some time ago: https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... ?f=15&t=88 :lol: