Compare Piano Roll notes

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

I am new to LMMS and did not see anything about the issue I have in the wiki.

I am creating a melody with two instruments (A and B) and I would like to be able to view the notes from one instrument A as reference on the side as I create the notes for the instrument B. Is this possible somehow? I notice you cannot have two Piano Roll windows open at the same time. Alternatively, Is there a way to switch easily between instrument A and B patterns inside piano roll? I know I could copy the notes from instrument A into the Piano Roll of instrument B and mute them so they would there for reference, but it seems laborious.

Even better way would be to be able to have two separate instruments in one piano roll. But I guess that is not possible.

[edit] Couple more Piano Roll questions:
1. Can I increase the square ruled field into more accurate to input notes closer together? I don't wanna change the tempo of the whole song.
2. Can I change tempo on the fly for a period of time? I guess that would an automated thing?
[/edit]

My apologies if there are obvious manual questions...

If I am going about this in a totally wrong way the program is not meant to be used, please let me know and tell me a better way to think about it :)

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
Rlx
I would like to be able to view the notes from one instrument A as reference on the side as I create the notes for the instrument B. Is this possible somehow?
The feature is known as 'ghost-notes' and are not available in lmms, but you can mark used notes, just not the posistion in the score.
To mark a note -right-click it on the 'piano' and choose 'mark semitone' in the context menu. It will now be marked on all piano-rolls you open.
1. Can I increase the square ruled field into more accurate to input notes closer together?
If i understand you, you want to have more precise placement of notes?
The setting 'Q' determin the magnetic-point of the notes. You can place them down to (a redicoulous) 1/192 precision!
You would also like to alter the Magnification (dropDown tl. of the Q) default it is 100%, but you can use 25%..800%
2. Can I change tempo on the fly for a period of time? I guess that would an automated thing?
Use Global-Song-Automation for that
Read more under The Automation Window Here:
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/0.4:Tool_Bar

Br.
Wow thanks for your reply musikbear! That really helped and cleared up a lot. I was thinking the "Q" would increase the precision of the field but for some reason it did not work yesterday, but now I tried it again and it worked.

Thanks again.

Rlx