How do I"really" use the LFO in 3xOsc. etc.?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi guys. I want to learn how to use the LFO section in 3X Osc. and other plugins. Sometimes when I try to experiment, I get a loud "Screeik" sound. :shock:
"Warning: Don't use Headphones when using this. Or sometimes, you'll get your ears Blasted Away!" :shock:

I understand Envelope etc. but even up to this day I still don't understand the LFO section. Even reading is tiresome.
Is there some simple Video tut, I could use, as a reference or guide on how to use it correctly?
I'm also trying to understand, how the Wave thingys, in the LFO section, work as well. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:I understand Envelope etc. but even up to this day I still don't understand the LFO section
The amount (labeled AMT) Will usually be at one, It's like the wet/dry functions on any effect in LMMS. In the end, it's up to U. By simply clicking the grid, the amount is turned to one. This will be shown by the shape on the grid turning bright green, and the amount knob turning to 1. The delay (Labeled DEL) just delays the LFO effects just as it would delay the sound itself in the envelope. The attack (labeled ATT) makes the effects of the LFO fade in. Speed (labeled SPD) Adjusts the speed of the LFO (I'll assume U understand that).
brandystarbrite wrote:I'm also trying to understand, how the Wave thingys, in the LFO section, work as well.
The different shapes (or waves) U can choose from are simple. The sine wave (which is the default shape) makes the sound wobble. The triangle shape does about the same thing. The saw shape gives the sound a sidechain effect (tweaking of the speed could match it to the songs tempo). The square shape is hard to explain, it's best U explore it for Urself. The "?" allows U to insert a custom shape. For example, if I dragged a drum sample from the side-browser to the LFO grid, then the LFO would take on the shape of that sample (pretty cool right?).

I know I probably added some miniscule details that are obvious to U, but I love doing that lol. Good luck!
I know I probably added some miniscule details that are obvious to U, but I love doing that lol. Good luck!
Thanks.
But do I have to use it together with the Envelope, when the Envelope is turned on green?
Or "can the LFO be used alone by itself," without any Envelope usage?
brandystarbrite wrote:Or "can the LFO be used alone by itself," without any Envelope usage?
Ur totally welcome! And yes, the LFO can work without the envelope being turned on :D Btw when R U going to upload Ur trance music?
Ur totally welcome! And yes, the LFO can work without the envelope being turned on.
Thanks.
Btw when R U going to upload Ur trance music?
Well it's coming. I had to redo two of the tracks because I didn't like how "certain things were sounding."
My biggest problem now, besides the video,...............is that I'm trying to make "certain" Synth instruments from 3xosc.
Luckily I did manage to pull off "alot of them" without even trying too hard.
But my main focus and problem, is trying to make "certain type" of "Super Saw," with a "very distinctive Sound Pitch."
Once that's done, half of my problem is done. The other problem is making some of the "Spacey intro tunes." I think I have an idea how to do them, but I'm going to make a post on it.

Thanks for your interest though. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:Thanks for your interest though.
Good luck with that and I'll listen to them as soon as they're out! :D
djkingpin wrote:
brandystarbrite wrote:Thanks for your interest though.
Good luck with that and I'll listen to them as soon as they're out! :D
Thanks for your encouragement. :)