7/4 Bar

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,
I have imported a MIDI file with a quite unusual 7/4 bar.
I would like to cut the melody in several parts, to be able to move them around. But each time I try, the timing of the notes is messed up (which never happens with a 4/$ bar).

Attached is the file, try to take "Basse" melody, cut it into parts of 4 bars, and put it in "Basse 2". It always ends up messed up.

Best regards

Michael
I cannot upload the file, but I can send it to you.
I don't know about changing the bar mid-song, but I do have an idea that might help.

I'm working on a song that starts out at 150 BPM, a fast-paced merengue beat loaded with crazy conga solos, trumpets etc. But then it "breaks" to a more laid-back reggaeton verse (where the lyrics will be fast but the BPM is more like 90-100ish). Then it goes back into the merengue for another chorus and the ending. It's going to be so cool. 8-)

But because there's a change in BPM mid-way through the song, what I'm doing is recording the middle (the 100 BPM reggaeton part) as a separate "song", then exporting to WAV and incorporating it into the main project as a "sound". By doing it this way, the slower part is still slow, mid-song, but the project is still technically at 150 BPM.

So for you, since it's MIDI, one way to handle it would be to record the part you want as one track, then go back and import it into your project as a WAV. That way it won't mess up the timing when you change to a different kind of "bar" (I forget what that's called, the "bar"; is it "time signature" or "tempo" or what? LOL IDK). But that's probably the easiest way.

Another idea would be, save the whole MIDI track as WAV, then use a program like Audacity to make it slower/faster (which would change the BPM when you re-enter it into LMMS).

Hope that helps. :)
You can send i to me if you want, although I really have no experience with 7/4 Bar. stianahj@hotmail.com