getting oatmeal vst to work

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have heard that oatmeal is good stuff: only problem is when I load it: it doesn't load a skin or presets and get some gui error. There are skins and data that come with what I downloaded but I don't know how to get lmms to bring them into oatmeal. Plus: I have always got some error loading presets with lmms. I always have to use the vst load bank option or it doesn't work. Please help lmms community: my brothers; please. 8-)
read this:
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index. ... _with_VSTs
its not as i first wrote it, but the part about 'active instrument' is the most important. It is the only safe way to load an existing vsts-instrument in a project

Oatmeal - well you need to have all the unpacked files in the same folder, and that folder should be in the VST folder in your lmms installation.
But currently there is issues with VST3 and lmms on windows, and i believe oatmeal is based on vst3. ...but be patient :D
btw -If you are on linux, you should be good to go -or?

b.r.
thanks musik bear--I am starting to give up on oatmeal. Is there a way to get HALion 4 to work? It won't load at all. :cry: But on presets: is there a way to load a preset bank using lmms? I ask b-cuz some vst's don't have a load bank option. And yeah, I am a big lmms fan: most everything has been intuitive and easy to use. Just a few snags here and there which should be expected when trying to do anything on a pc.
I am starting to give up on oatmeal.
it just could be that patience will be your friend -I hear things in that direction
and
Is there a way to get HALion 4 to work?
is really the same angle. It all depends on whitc kit was used to build the VST..
Patience :p
no doubt--none of us wanna be patient but it is always the best option--the other is just getting frustrated :evil: All we can ever do is take the best available option on anything. :)