High Quality Synth Plugins

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Don't you think there should be more awesome synth plugins (non-chiptune-oriented)? I mean triple oscillator is awesome, I love how they put so much time into making ZynAddSubFX work in windows, vestige handles VSTi's relatively well, and organic is awesome for Deadmau5-type house, but to catch up to FL, one of the main priorities needs to be default plugins. That being said, even on the "priorities" list (or something like that) on the wiki they want someone to try making a piano plugin, I think LMMS needs both a wind plugin and a brass plugin, and audience sound emulators (e.g. stomps and claps, cheering and voice stuff) couldn't hurt.
I know, I know, I can sample all of these, and most soundfonts have every instrument you could ask for, but you have to admit, soundfonts sound lifeless, and most included samples sound horrible. Well, there are drumsynth samples, but the drumsynth doesn't have everything, and it's still samples you have barely any control over.
Comment if you agree, don't comment if you think I'm being a brat asking for all this, because
A) I know that
B) I know that
C) I know that
Oh, and you should know that I am grateful, my proof is: you know how some people use FL with another DAW? I'm going to switch to Cubase, but I'll never buy FL because by the time I get the money, LMMS will be on par with FL, or maybe better.
Plus, if I learn c++, the first serious stuff I'll do will be LMMS plugins.
Agree a lot. However making a good brass/wind/piano plugin could take a year, so I would rather go with the option of implementing an existing program or cooperate with someone who can make such good emulators.
I think the best that LMMS has to offer is the marvelous, awesome and allmighty ZynAddSubFX.

If you think doubt in it's capabilities, listen to this track I made with only ZynAddSubFX:
http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a115511/ ... -the-phase

I don't quite understand your point as it seems like you'd like some good samples, but not samples at all.
Soundfont is what can be used to create very realistic instruments I believe. The only problem is that it take huge amount of time to make a good sounding one.
Sampling could be combined with synthesis and filters into a LV2/VST plugin, but that requires even more knowledge and abilities to accomplish.
Not an easy thing :)
wind plugin and a brass plugin, and audience sound emulators (e.g. stomps and claps, cheering and voice stuff) couldn't hurt.
I agree with you and sti2nd.
It would be Great to have these plugins. It would help me alot in my Trance music. Hmmm..............
However, "as sti2nd said," it will take alot of hard work, and a very long time, to make near perfect plugins, such
as those or any plugin, for that matter.

ZynAddsubFX is considered by those who know about it, as the "GOD," of Vst plugins. Even by those who use other DAW's such as FL Studio and Cubase etc. And even by those who "buy," the best "paid," Vst Plugins.

I'm still "shocked," at what you could do with that thing. Amazing. :shock:
The possibilities of making "tons," of unique original sounds, is near limitless.
Even people who depend on "paid for Vst's and Vsti's," actually regret buying them, after discovering ZynAddsubFX, a few months later. Lol!
I'm glad musikbear and others, made tutorials on how to use zynaddsubFX. But even those tuts are a "small gesture," of what ZynAddsubFX can do.

I think as Lmms users on the whole, Lmms, ZynAddsubFX and Lmms' plugins etc. gives us the advantage, over other Daw users, when it comes to making music and original sounds.
People who use other Daw's seem to depend more (not in all cases)on "paid for Vst's," to easily make sounds.
Whereas us Lmms users, because of the "lack," of "certain internal plugins etc." it encourages us, to want to learn how to make a "particular sound, or effect," from scratch.
Which in many ways, is a good thing, and gives us, advantage over everyone else, or other Daw users.
ZynAddsubFX seems to be the best Vst plug in Lmms to do so.
You can use the other Vst's if you want. Lol!
Plus, if I learn c++, the first serious stuff I'll do will be LMMS plugins.
I think, since I'm a PC Repairs and IT student, I'll get into learning "some," basic programming. Even if it's from a Youtube vid. Lol!
So I can make some musical vst's. Even if it's only one Lmms Vst. Lol!
Like alot of people, I kinda "despise C++." But I might learn "some," of it.
Sampling could be combined with synthesis and filters into a LV2/VST plugin, but that requires even more knowledge and abilities to accomplish.Not an easy thing
Yeah. I agree. It will take alot of "hard work," and time. And as you said, it's not an easy thing to accomplish. Especially when it comes to making a Vst or music software from scratch.

Oh yeah one more thing. I believe after experimenting and listening to the presets in zynaddsubFX,
it is more than possible that zynAddsubFX, can do Great stuff like this...... from 1 secs to 1:20 secs.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNbEhmbFyQo
Raise up the volume and enjoy! I love this start up.

Tell me what you guy's think. Possible or not? Lol!

Enjoy dudes! I love this short song clip. :mrgreen:
I recommend using the plugin T-Force Alpha Plus. It is a very good plugin for trance synths
Download here www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=1426
... and I recommend free, but very good, high quality synthesizers 2017.

best free vst synth 2017

Best regards
Soundsaar
Yes I think slowly they will implement . But even with these robotic sounds it is very easily possible to make great production ready music ..

Check my music profile, I make music using only the default samples and presets and make my own as well.. No external VST used at all, except for maybe 1-2 songs used trance gates in them etc. I make in linux. I Use sidechain compression add lots of effects. Listen to only the top 5-6 songs in the main showcased playlist for good professionalism display.
https://soundcloud.com/akashyap
Check the below playlist , I made a tutorial series, you can learn from it and make professional sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... aoNTQMWt_k
I know much better than that tutorial series now, and I will post tutorials soon.
You can also check out cubician, lazerblade and others on youtube for making professional music from the factory sounds ..

Try a giant reverb and delay, combined with sidechain compression , solid filling bass, and reverby and flangy percussions , you will get the professional sounds :) Also , a sweep with low frequencies decreased and high increased will help a lot, and pads, use chords for them, major, minor and most of the time 7th .. you will get pro pad sounds , reverbify them , maybe canyonify them too.

You can also learn from the lmms community how to make your own pro presets. When you learn , you won't need FL Studio anymore .. I have purchased sonar steam edition on a heavy discount but never used it , and maybe never willl....
I use lots of VSTs but none of them can give me the sound i want i guess... None of them are close to sylenth and nexus.
I really want a high quality piano sound too, but i cannot find it..
bbtee wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:20 am
None of them are close to sylenth and nexus.
Sylenth is called one of best quality synth. I don't know if somebody have it running in lmms. Would be interesting for musicbears VSTi database.

Nexus is more a rompler (thus OT). There are lots of alternatives freely available. But it's also a question of quality, I agree.

MDA piano is cute, but ... I like DSK The Grand for home productions. Using sforzando you will have more otions. Estate Grand LE for sforzando is for free (donationware), there are also some commercial sampled pianos.

And did you tried Kontakt using lmms? You can find high quality pianos there (with sample size >20 GB). I know the wiki will tell you Kontakt will not work. But at least in my case it works in Win10 + lmms 1.2-RC5 (all 5 points @ musicbear). I didn't try it in linux yet.
Son of a Pitch wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:27 pm
bbtee wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:20 am
None of them are close to sylenth and nexus.
Sylenth is called one of best quality synth. I don't know if somebody have it running in lmms. Would be interesting for musicbears VSTi database.

Nexus is more a rompler (thus OT). There are lots of alternatives freely available. But it's also a question of quality, I agree.

MDA piano is cute, but ... I like DSK The Grand for home productions. Using sforzando you will have more otions. Estate Grand LE for sforzando is for free (donationware), there are also some commercial sampled pianos.

And did you tried Kontakt using lmms? You can find high quality pianos there (with sample size >20 GB). I know the wiki will tell you Kontakt will not work. But at least in my case it works in Win10 + lmms 1.2-RC5 (all 5 points @ musicbear). I didn't try it in linux yet.
Thanks for replying!
Can you suggest some great Nexus free alternatives? (Other than synth 1)
Also does LMMS support estate grand le?