no sound from some keys in pianoroll

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi I'm just starting in LMMS, when I click on keys below C4 I don't hear a sound (just a sort of small hint at a sound starting).
The volume indicator still goes up when I click the silent keys, how can I fix this?
kanrup wrote:Hi I'm just starting in LMMS, when I click on keys below C4 I don't hear a sound (just a sort of small hint at a sound starting).
The volume indicator still goes up when I click the silent keys, how can I fix this?
Welcome to the Lmms Forums kanrup. :)

Okay, so what plugin were you using, when this problem occurred? :)
kanrup wrote:Hi I'm just starting in LMMS
Welcome to the forum kanrup! Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
kanrup wrote: when I click on keys below C4 I don't hear a sound
My intuitive guess would be that you have a very low base-note
http://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Ins ... #Base_note
This will produce a sound, that will appear visual on lmms-display, but wont be audible.
Move the base-note to a position like the one in the image
(If you use zynAdSubfx there is a kb spread setting, but thats an other story)

If this did not fix it it
please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-ver)
* lmms vers
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* lmms sound device chosen
thanks,
yes I was testing on tripe oscillator. didnt know you can click on instrument name to get the new window. checking other instruments i see the the key where they go silent varies from instrument to instrument.

I did change the green marker indicating base note to a lower key and now I hear song from some of previously silent keys. so it is to do with base note. trouble is this changes the pitch or sound for previous keys (C4) and I dont know what is the suitable pitch for this.

now to figure out how on earth to use VMPK combined with LMMS ...