Page 1 of 1
No Output Sound on Project
Posted: February 9th, 2017, 7:21 pm
by cpplach
So I've had LMMS for a couple years now. Version 1.1.3 for Windows 10. I started diving into a project the other day and liked what I came up with. When I went to open it today however there is no sound being played for anything. It just sounds muted. The sound settings are set to SDL and I have already tried the tip to manually enter the "driver name" taken from dxdiag into the device bar. Still nothing is working.
Also I noticed when I press play, the master sound par on the FX mixer is all the way down and I cant move it.
Does anyone have any idea how I will be able to fix this problem so this project doesn't go to waste?
Re: No Output Sound on Project
Posted: February 9th, 2017, 7:38 pm
by zonkmachine
cpplach wrote:Also I noticed when I press play, the master sound par on the FX mixer is all the way down and I cant move it.
Right click the fader that is all the way down and choose, "Remove song global automation"
Re: No Output Sound on Project
Posted: February 9th, 2017, 9:32 pm
by cpplach
That didnt work out for me. Any other suggestions?
Re: No Output Sound on Project
Posted: February 9th, 2017, 11:36 pm
by brandystarbrite
cpplach wrote:That didnt work out for me. Any other suggestions?
Hello
cpplach and welcome to Lmms Forums.
Okay, here's what you can do:
Open the Lmms project, that is giving problems, take a
screen shot of it and post the image here.

Hopefully, that could give us some tiny clues, as to what the problem is.
Re: No Output Sound on Project
Posted: February 9th, 2017, 11:54 pm
by Etorna_Z
From my experience, sounds to me like you've made sidechaining with your peak controller, and hooked it up to your master FX.
If this is so, what you need to do is play one note of the preset/sample making the sidechaining happen; it'll make the master FX pop back up to 100. If sidechaining isn't the case, then totally ignore this post.
I'm probably wrong on this, because if you hooked the sidechaining up to the master FX then the kick would be muted. But I thought I'd go ahead and say something.
And yes, welcome to the LMMS community!
Re: No Output Sound on Project
Posted: February 10th, 2017, 12:06 am
by cpplach
This worked. Thank you so much
Re: No Output Sound on Project (Solved)
Posted: February 10th, 2017, 12:14 am
by Etorna_Z
No prob.
