Sidechain peak controller crackle
Posted: March 7th, 2017, 4:49 pm
by chestnutjam
So I followed this tutorial (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wVQOVCzVrc) to lower the bass when the kick kicks in. It does its job, but there is crackling. I muted everything but the bass & kick, so here's the sound:
https://soundcloud.com/chestnutjam/crackle/s-ZbjLk
Any way to fix that or find something else to have two strong low-bass sounds simultaneously, and from two different kicks?
Re: Sidechain peak controller crackle
Posted: March 7th, 2017, 8:03 pm
by Gps
Is the Vu meter in the red ?
Re: Sidechain peak controller crackle
Posted: March 8th, 2017, 11:57 am
by musikbear
chestnutjam wrote:
Any way : to have two strong low-bass sounds simultaneously, and from two different kicks?
The 'crackle' from sliders is a known issue, so the 'trick' is to use a different sidechaining method.
I show 2 ways here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntzWiufjkko
Umcaruje also shows a efficient way to sidechain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0OH4I0-LE
Besides that, since you are new here
Welcome to the forum chestnutjam! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
(i have removed your double-post
Re: Sidechain peak controller crackle
Posted: March 8th, 2017, 8:00 pm
by chestnutjam
Oh thanks! I had watched the second video already, but I disregarded it prematurely it seems. In the end I made two sidechain effects, and they didn't interfere with one another. Perfetto!
So all good, thanks!