Composition book

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello everyone.
I would like to study how to compose music, I'm not totally new to the topic but I want to improve.
But let's assume I don't know anything, is there any book which would teach me how to compose music without requiring me to practice on a real instrument?
I'm only interested in doing music with the mouse, the computer and the piano roll.

I hope I've been clear, if not please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Bye, Marco.
The book I were searching for is named: What to Listen for in Music
I do not know of any book that is suited for computer-music, but the homepage 8-notes, also recommended on wiki, is a fine resource
berserk,

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for but Packt publishing makes a book specifically written for LMMS. It focuses more on production in general and not so much music composition, but it covers the basics inside LMMS including the piano roll very well.
From what I can understand from your original post, if you can learn how to read sheet music and program that into a piano roll, you're set...

Of course it's a little harder than that, but look into "C Major" compositions and where all the C Major notes exist on the piano (them's the white ones)... then you can look into other "keys"... I'd highly recommend looking into how to play something in a certain "Key" and how musical notation denotes that...

I'm not much of a musician, but some rockers and metal heads taught me "scales"... pretty much the same thing, but "in the key of" is what you should research..... Then a lot of other music theory makes sense.

I hope that helps.... Sorry if it doesn't :/