Page 1 of 1

Jax Jones "You don't know me" sound

Posted: March 30th, 2017, 5:59 pm
by Spenni24
Hi,I want to make a sound like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKB4cioGs98. I intend the "bass" sound (don't know exactly how to call it) that repeat the melody for all the song,but I have not idea how to make it. How can I do that or something that sounds like that??

Re: Jax Jones "You don't know me" sound

Posted: April 16th, 2017, 3:53 pm
by musikbear
Spenni24 wrote: ↑
March 30th, 2017, 5:59 pm
I intend the "bass" sound (don't know exactly how to call it) that repeat the melody for all the song
i t hink you mean the sound like 'clapping on your cheaks' ? ...right (?)
That is 'woodblocks' but most likely synthesized
Take a look at Brandys synth tutorials, i think he mage something 'woodblockish' once, but otherwise there are default sounds in your mySample lib
the sample wood01 is kind of close
Add a lowpass-filter and set cutoff ~ 430 Hz
Enable the ENV and Add a few % Attack
Then you are 'close'ish' to the sound

Re: Jax Jones "You don't know me" sound

Posted: April 16th, 2017, 4:42 pm
by R1KAI
If you want to hear the sound without any vocals, the actual bassline is from: M.A.N.D.Y and Booka Shade - Body Language. I don't know, but this might help you get a little closer to the original sound.

Re: Jax Jones "You don't know me" sound

Posted: May 2nd, 2017, 12:44 pm
by Spenni24
musikbear wrote: ↑
April 16th, 2017, 3:53 pm
Spenni24 wrote: ↑
March 30th, 2017, 5:59 pm
I intend the "bass" sound (don't know exactly how to call it) that repeat the melody for all the song
i t hink you mean the sound like 'clapping on your cheaks' ? ...right (?)
That is 'woodblocks' but most likely synthesized
Take a look at Brandys synth tutorials, i think he mage something 'woodblockish' once, but otherwise there are default sounds in your mySample lib
the sample wood01 is kind of close
Add a lowpass-filter and set cutoff ~ 430 Hz
Enable the ENV and Add a few % Attack
Then you are 'close'ish' to the sound

No no, I intend the sound that I don't know exactly how to call that starts at 0:16 and repeat the melody for all the song

Re: Jax Jones "You don't know me" sound

Posted: May 2nd, 2017, 1:19 pm
by musikbear
Spenni24 wrote: ↑
May 2nd, 2017, 12:44 pm
starts at 0:16 and repeat the melody for all the song
Now if you had said that first time...

Thats an ordinary bass, but preformed by an artist. It will be difficult to get his finger-touch variations emulated, but a sampled bass and a lot of fiddeling could get you close