Locking tracks, segments, or just individual bars

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm not sure - is there a way to lock tracks, segments etc., so that when trying to edit a complex score segments don't get moved or changed in pitch accidentally?

I'm thinking about a situation in which most of the work is OK, and it might be necessary to edit just one track or even a few bars, and it's important that the rest doesn't get changed. I have a suspicion that I changed something in one of my experimental efforts, and while it doesn't really matter, that would be a real pain in something I was seriously working on.

Having a lock on parts of the work could avoid this problem.
dave2002-lmms wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:48 pm
I'm not sure - is there a way to lock tracks,
Only as a saved file. I recommend you to use version-control
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Ma ... #File_Menu : Save-as-new-version
dave2002-lmms wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:48 pm
I'm not sure - is there a way to lock tracks, segments etc., so that when trying to edit a complex score segments don't get moved or changed in pitch accidentally?

I'm thinking about a situation in which most of the work is OK, and it might be necessary to edit just one track or even a few bars, and it's important that the rest doesn't get changed. I have a suspicion that I changed something in one of my experimental efforts, and while it doesn't really matter, that would be a real pain in something I was seriously working on.

Having a lock on parts of the work could avoid this problem.
If you group-select a series of notes you can drag up and down to change their pitch, but I'm not sure how you could change a whole line without selecting all of it. Another thing I do a lot if I know I'll be trying some major edits in a track is to clone it before I start so I can always revert back if I need to. In song editor, left-click the gear next to the track and clone will be one of the options. This will add a duplicate of the track right below it, which you can turn playback off on to avoid it interfering with the one you're actually editing.
Another thing I do a lot if I know I'll be trying some major edits in a track is to clone it before I start so I can always revert back if I need to. In song editor, left-click the gear next to the track and clone will be one of the options. This will add a duplicate of the track right below it, which you can turn playback off on to avoid it interfering with the one you're actually editing.
Those are good ideas, but things can still go wrong. Surefly even with cloned tracks they could still be moved, even if they don't play or render into a bounced out file.

I was hoping there might be something more robust. Also - and there may be a setting for this - undo doesn't always seem to work. Maybe there's a setting to decide how many steps to undo.

Some operations just don't seem to undo. Thus if a mistake is made it doesn't always seem possible to revert and undo the damage.