[SOLVED] shift-enter accidentally conflicting

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.

Hi, I've tried to use shift-enter to automatically load a WAV file from the file browser into a sample-track in the arranger/sequencer. Unfortunately, sometimes that keyboard shortcut adds a blank measure instead or even does both (adds a blank measure as well as loads the WAVE file into it's own sample-track).

LMMS Devs, please fix this if you can. The mouse right-click contextual menu command does work, but I'm sure the shift-enter keystroke needs careful review and repair.

I'm using version: (AppImage)
LMMS Version 1.3.0-alpha.2.8+518a7e8 (Linux/x86_64, Qt 5.15.3, GCC 11.4.0)

Thanks.
Still making good tunes with LMMS these days.
Thanks for the new features and general improvements and bugfixes.

mjolnir wrote: ↑
September 21st, 2026, 7:04 pm

shift-enter keyboard shortcut adds a blank [-]measure[/-] Bar

Yes, that is a bug!

OK, so I moved up to *.AppImage version 1.3.0-alpha.2.13+1a82b9e (Linux/x86_64, Qt 5.15.3 GCC 11.4.0).

Ironically, I got the error once, but I couldn't reproduce the error after that. I tried multiple times to get the error again, and now I can't coax the error into existence. LOL. So something DID improve.

I think the error conditions have something to do with what area was last clicked before initiating the shift-enter keystroke... but since I can't get the error to happen anymore, maybe it's fixed?

mjolnir wrote: ↑
September 22nd, 2026, 4:57 pm

AppImage version 1.3.0-alpha.2. Linux/x86
got the error once, but I couldn't reproduce the error after that.

Its because the conflict has to be 'initiated'.
The bug is there, but you need to follow the steps i outlined here:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/8567

Hey MusikBear, thanks for the explanation.
I followed your instructions to reproduce the error, and I'm not getting the error anymore.
I'm marking the original post as "[SOLVED]".
For what it's worth, I'm running a more recent Nightly version now.

Thanks devs, for fixing this. Much respect.