-
-
Gps Online
-
- Posts: 3332
- Joined: September 13th, 2014, 1:28 pm
February 9th, 2019, 4:13 pm
by
Gps » February 9th, 2019, 4:13 pm
alexmidi wrote: ↑February 9th, 2019, 1:23 pm
musikbear wrote: ↑February 1st, 2019, 11:09 am
Your VSTs dll's must be in the folder defined in your Setup as your VST-library, as shown here:
Do they all need that to be in that specific folder to load the VST DLL plug-ins?
Or is it just considered easier to keep them in one place?
I'm running debian linux and I've noticed I can just drag and drop. I navigate to the DLL location from the root directory/drive or from Home. Then I can select the DLL In this case it is the
Tone2FireBird plug-in with file name FireBird.dll in the plug-in folder,
Then I can just drag it from that folder and drop it into the Song Editor and access the VST instrument.
This works for allot of the vst but some vst need to be in that folder or it wont work.
What wont work ? In the mixer adding effect plugins. They can't be in any other folder, the .dll file needs to be in the specified folder. (path)
( Windows / Linux does not matter for this. )
This will be confusing for new users or less experienced computer users, so that why musicbear said they all need to be in that folder.
When I download a new vst and just want to test it, I just leave in the download folder.
If it works fine, I move it to the right place, and then I can also use it in the mixer.
The topic starter should for now just ignore this post, and listen to musicbear.