LMMS Manual

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
musikbear wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:18 pm
Sahaathyva wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:47 pm
Musikbear you must have some trouble with your setup as usb auto mount works like a charm since over a decade now on main distros, it acts normally the same way as macos or windows.
I DO have a huge trouble
'It' is 40 cm from my screen :P
Linux & me:

Its all extremely simple: I just need(ed) to do the footwork and spend some hours learning the basics, but i don want to...
I only have linux for one thing: Compiling LMMS code. I dont even have to build, i can add my new code-files directly to my repository, and ask for its merger into Master, then that will be build.
Linux is in fact a black-box to me. I dont need to know anything, i just use it to do one task -Compile src LMMS
I am not getting this, unless Mint is not as user friendly as they claim.
Should be as simply as install mint, install the c++ ? program you need, and add a short cut to the mint desktop.
I cant believe installing mint would be hard for you unless virtual box is making things more complicated.
Maybe you should make an usb stick with mint to boot from, and not use a virtual machine?
Gps wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:54 pm
install the c++ ? program you need,
Maybe you should make an usb stick with mint to boot from, and not use a virtual machine?
Well thats one thing. There is no c++ 'program' Everything is done in console, and mint's build-in cpp-environment. I doubt the lmms-dependecies will be able to run from an usb, and i dont feel i have a second life to experiment with that :P
You know what i do:
I open the same mail account in both VBox and windows, and then i mail myself the files :D. Thats as easy as one drag and drop and one ctrl-tab
Besides that, i think we have highjacked akak's thread, so lets stop discussing Linux mint here now :)
Ubuntu isn't getting lmms-1.2.1 until next discharge 20.04 . That bundle may work in more seasoned adaptations of ubuntu/linuxmint. I haven't seen informal bundles. Individuals run the AppImage or accumulate from source if their archive rendition is excessively old.
jasonroy wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:32 am
Ubuntu isn't getting lmms-1.2.1 until next discharge 20.04 .
The only LMMS that will work on linux, is the APPImage from lmms.io
https://lmms.io/download/#linux
No other LMMS version should be used on Linux
There are simply no distro, that are updated with the necessary features, to run lmms without hickups.
Bottom-line:
If you use Linux -Use our APPImage!

Read this before you install:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... l_on_Linux
Then follow that guide!
Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome jasonroy !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I haven't seen informal bundles. Individuals run the AppImage or arrange from source if their archive adaptation is excessively old.
First off, Welcome to the Forum johnsonmark506 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

johnsonmark506 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:48 am
I haven't seen informal bundles. Individuals run the AppImage or arrange from source if their archive adaptation is excessively old.
Not 100% sure i understand. What we say is that since lmms is open source, then anyone can grab the source, and insert anything they like, the place the malware on any page and wait for victims.
That is why lmms only should be fetched from lmms' official page
But this topic has drifted soo far away from orr post.......