Copy pattern

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Is it possible to have a pattern in the piano roll which I can "copy" on the same track and when I change the original pattern (adding for example additional notes) the "copy" also changes?
I think its possible to do but then you might have to use the bbe. There you can clone a track.

I am however not sure if this will work for piano roll part in the bbe.
recent wrote:(adding for example additional notes) the "copy" also changes?
No, what you describe is not possible.
Each block of notes are independent, and edits in one, will not influence any other blocks notes. You can however always copy the new edited, move taht to same or a different track, and that will in essence let you do what you want.

And i can see that you are new in our forum, so-
Welcome recent! Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
I haven't tried any commercial DAW so I can't compare, but on Sunvox there are two modes for copying a track: either you copy it, and the new version will be independent from the first pattern (like for LMMS), or you can clone the pattern, which will forever link the new pattern to the first (including the modifications), like a symbolic link in the shell.

This feature is very useful when you have repetitive patterns and you need to modify a part, so you don't have to delete your patterns and copy/paste new ones.
garvalf wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:30 pm
or you can clone the pattern, which will forever link the new pattern to the first (including the modifications), like a symbolic link in the shell.
Then i can understand your confusion, because in lmms a clone is only a independent copy of an existing track, complete with all notes, and the preset.

What you ask for would be a reference, and afaik, there are no plans for the feature.
You are welcome to write a detailed description in the
viewforum.php?f=15
musikbear wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 pm

Then i can understand your confusion, because in lmms a clone is only a independent copy of an existing track, complete with all notes, and the preset.

What you ask for would be a reference, and afaik, there are no plans for the feature.
You are welcome to write a detailed description in the
viewforum.php?f=15
yeah, I'm not really confused, I understand they have different meaning. I'll do as you advice, and I'll post in this other part of the forum.
+1. I also mean the implementation of this functionality would be great.
For information, a feature request for linked copies of patterns was created here: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/3100. Duplicates of such request are here and here.