How to report bugs
From LMMS Wiki
Online Bug tracker
How to efficiently report bugs with GDB
- If you are using LMMS and encounter a segmentation fault (crash), please include a full backtrace:
$ gdb /usr/bin/lmms ... (gdb) r <Enter> ... <do whatever crashes LMMS> ... Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. [Switching to Thread ... (LWP ...)] ... (gdb) thread apply all backtrace
- The output of this command is interesting for us! Please either report it to the issue tracker or email it to the mailing list.
How to report bugs without GDB
- Start a new shell/terminal:
bash ~ $ ulimit -l unlimited bash ~ $ lmms
- Now, when LMMS crashes, there will be a file called "core" in your working directory (~ per the example above). The file may be large enough to be worth zipping.
- Please send that to "Tobias Doerffel" <tobias.doerffel AT gmail DOT com> so hopefully we can locate the bug.
- If you've been helped on LMMS' mailing-list, please send a mail to the person helping you and put the above address in Cc:
NOTE: please, do not send it to the list, it'll be rejected because of its size.