Sorry for not giving some samples/native tracks to work with, that was my fault. Anyways, I (JordanKyser) am holding a dubstep/drumstep drop contest for my song Truth 3. The tempo will be as shown above (140 bpm, or you can do 70 bpm if you would like). The dubstep/drumstep contest will go as follows:
1. The three best drops will be chosen by a combination of both the highest rating and appeal to the judges (judges are: me (of course), FGKOfficial, GingkathFox, acemil; judges can still enter)
a. First Place Drop - This will be heard on the actual song last (you should always save the best for last). This person will also earn a collab spot in a possible song of mine in the near future.
b. Second Place Drop - This will be heard second on the actual song. This person will earn a chance to be in my next collab.
c. Third Place Drop - This will be heard first on the actual song (but it still won't sound bad, everybody's should be appealing). This person will also earn a chance to be in my next collab.
2. If you provide non-native samples, PLEASE provide a download link. This follows for GIG files, VSTs, SF2 files, and non-native AFP files. PatMan is not allowed.
3. The minimum length of the drop MUST be either 16 measures (for 140 bpm entries) or 32 measures (for 70 bpm entries).
4. The sample track channels may be used if necessary.
5. How will you be credited? On Newgrounds, I will mention it as a collab between myself and the three owners of the drops.
6. Drops must be originally by you. Please don't take/sample from an older drop and credit the person. The older drop must be by you or else your entry will be disqualified.
7. You can do more than one entry. (From #6) If you have a disqualified entry, you can still enter another one (if it disobeys #6, it will be disqualified again).
8. There is no deadline, but the limit is also undecided. When there is enough entries, the contest will be closed and judges will begin voting.
9. FOR JUDGES ONLY: You must critique any work, even if it is by one of the judges. Other people may provide special advice if necessary (such as "you need to add a limiter" or "adjust the volumes for the **** channel and/or add a volume automation track for particular channels").
a. Scoring will go as follows:
i. Originality - (score of up to 10) - How much original work is put into the drop.
ii. Effort - (score of up to 10) - How much effort is put into the drop.
iii. Quailty - (score parts: 10 for bass, 10 for pads, 10 for lead, 10 for percussion) - This is the main category, basically. This is the main scoring for the sound quality.
10. If you need help, you may ask any judge in case of confusion. Acemil's and/or ArcKloud's drops may be used as examples. but do not take/sample them (from #6).
You may do edm dropsPosted by: JordanKyser on 2017-05-01 17:09:25
can i be a judge?Posted by: GingkathFox on 2017-05-01 17:19:16
I have already chosen the judges, but I did say you can critique their work like a normal judge can. The judges only give the scores and the critiques with it. If I do another contest, you may be one of the judges.Posted by: JordanKyser on 2017-05-01 17:22:23
dude if @Arckloud is entering im screwed XDPosted by: GingkathFox on 2017-05-01 18:13:09
@GingkathFox: arkloud songs look more like many other on lmms.io than many other one you can find on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSPmWM7k8LGyYUYZP8hX1MA ,on this channel you can find approximatively 250 dubstep songs.Posted by: acemil on 2017-05-02 00:15:48
@JordanKyser, anybody can have his own opinion and totaly disagree with judge's decision.
Music is not staticPosted by: acemil on 2017-05-02 02:26:21
can i do future bass?
Posted by: PRL2 on 2017-05-02 03:59:41
@GingkathFox The good thing is that ArcKloud hasn't done a song for lmms.io for nearly 2 years or more.
@acemil That is true. The good thing is that I have seen that you have had experience with drops before, which is I selected you as one of the judges. One thing I did forget to mention is that judges have to both agree with at least 50% of all critiques and wait for critiques to be made.Posted by: JordanKyser on 2017-05-02 04:40:17
@PRL2 Yes, future bass drops are acceptablePosted by: JordanKyser on 2017-05-02 04:48:40
@JordanKyser, Thank you for the high calling you have appointed me, but I refuse to be a judge.
I can only assess whether the sound quality is good And if we have to evaluate real, we enter the LMMS bugs area and the quality of the samples used.
On a scale of 1 to 10, my own projects range from 4 to 7 :)
The other criteria are a matter of personal preference and taste, Which is quite individual and not subject to evaluation, rather a Personal opinion of the listener.. in my opinion.
Good luck with the initiative, greetings :)Posted by: gdd71 on 2017-05-02 05:58:05
I accept to be a judge thanks for choosing me.Posted by: acemil on 2017-05-02 06:38:17
@gdd71 In that case, GingkathFox shall take your spotPosted by: JordanKyser on 2017-05-02 08:51:07
@gdd71 On the subject of personal taste, we have already established that the judges must agree with at least 50% of all the critiques. The scoring must also follow that rule. FOR CRITIQUES: Star ratings are not necessary, but the rating may help the judge's scores by a bit.Posted by: JordanKyser on 2017-05-02 08:53:26
My Entry will be up soon (Maybe)Posted by: GingkathFox on 2017-05-13 05:22:39
What? IM not a Judge! I dont want to be judge the same reason as gdd711. Goodbye!Posted by: Texxiliator on 2017-05-17 05:19:03
u wernt a judge...Posted by: GingkathFox on 2017-05-19 16:18:20
@GingkathFox He was placed as a judge, but like acemil, he chose to opt out of judge position. Also, FGKOfficial will now be hosting this contest instead of me.Posted by: JordanKyser on 2017-05-22 06:34:52
also, could u add native samples?Posted by: GingkathFox on 2017-05-22 16:14:52
@GingkathFox Native samples are strongly encouragedPosted by: JordanKyser on 2017-05-24 11:16:42
What is the VST policy? I never use any VST instruments, but I usually use three or four for mastering and such. They're all free.Posted by: Douglas on 2017-07-02 09:53:47
There is no VST policy for this, but just be sure to give the links to the VST downloads. kthx :)Posted by: JordanKyser on 2017-09-04 06:16:53